Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Warcraft 3 mouse "speed" problem with mac mini

Warcraft 3 mouse "speed" problem with mac mini
CyberDevil
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 28, 2007, 01:10 PM

Hi!

So, I Just purchased Mac Mini 1,8ghz and naturally installed first my fav game wc3 frozen throne but encountered a problem when launched the game.. the mouse drags behind all the time! it's slow as a snail.. when i switch from fullscreen to windowed mode the mouse works perfectly, like it does in the os x anyway... and the strange thing is the game itself even in fullscreen with best possible graphics runs smoothly/perfectly (?) only the mouse is slow... i use 1440x900 resolution with my LG 19" widescreen TFT display.. i tried slower resolutions and only 800x600 gave a bit better mouse performance but the game looks like shait... (naturally because the tft display too) tried cordless and corded mice.. no difference.. i have the newest updates on wc3 and osx. all the other softwares closed including mousehelpers etc no go still..

So Any ideas what i should do? is there a hidden "enable hardware mouse" option somewhere or something? i tried googling this and found one post with same issue though no resolution there.
blizzard support doesn't have this kind of issue either..

Thank you in advance for any suggestions regarding the matter!

-ile

ps. didn't have this problem on my last g4 pb... (shouldn't have sold it..)

psychomonkey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2007, 08:26 PM

I'm assuming you tweaked settings via System Prefs > Keyboards and Mice > Mice.
If so and it is still slow, are you using a third party mouse? Install drivers for it if you have not already. If you have, tweak mouse speed via there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules