Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Help with buyer/seller deermatt

Help with buyer/seller deermatt
absolut78
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 9, 2005, 04:34 PM

I need some help with a buyer...

I sold some items to deermatt (U2 ipod and a bag), I sent to the addresses he listed on the second of paypal transactions - he changed addresses in the few days between purchases. He did send me an email asking to send to another address and I thought I had sent it to the right one. But to be honest he also asked me to try sending it to a girlfriend at another address, so I had three addresses to get straight. He has filed a complaint asking for his money back and i havd submitted as much information to Paypal as I could. What concerns me is that his first address was 'seller protected' the second was not.

So even if I get scammed out of this money, I just wanted to warn others. He also needs to learn how to talk to people and say please and thank you.

Joe

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2005, 04:37 PM

Talk to the mods, not our problem. IN fact this is the wrong forum even if it was.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

deermatt
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2005, 04:41 PM

your damn right i filled a paypal complaint because this is going on a month now, and still no package.. I accidently selected my old work address when i paid for the bag which is unconfirmed, but when i bought the more expensive ipod , i selected my confirmed home address, and you sent both to the wrong address.
photography is beautiful

PacHead
Baninated
Oct 9, 2005, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by deermatt
your damn right i filled a paypal complaint because this is going on a month now, and still no package.. I accidently selected my old work address when i paid for the bag which is unconfirmed, but when i bought the more expensive ipod , i selected my confirmed home address, and you sent both to the wrong address.
This sounds like it is 100% your fault. You're the dude giving multiple addresses and if there was some mixup it sounds like your own fault.

If you're moving around and changing addresses then don't buy something from the net until you get settled. That's common sense 101. You also admitted yourself that you "accidentally" gave an old address in one of the cases.

PacHead
Baninated
Oct 9, 2005, 05:33 PM

And just to add one thing, this does sound like something you two should sort out via PM's. Captain Obvious is correct and he pointed out the "obvious".

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2005, 05:34 PM

Why isn't the package being forwarded?

This is a good reason to use tracking, signature confirmation, etc.

If you accidentallt give the wrong address to a seller, why should the seller give you a refund? It is your fault!

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2005, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by deermatt

So it sounds like it is at least in part your fault.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 9, 2005, 05:36 PM

Right. THIS IS NOT A LOUNGE ISSUE. Take it somewhere else. The Marketplace is where deals are done here, and it's supposed to be between users, not in some sort of public venue that invites mud slinging and such.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules