Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone iTunes wifi music store

iPhone iTunes wifi music store
zilla3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2008, 01:36 AM

Is the iTunes wifi music store only accessable when your at
a starbucks store? That's what gathered from apple.com.
when I'm on wifi at home or at work and access the store it won't let
me buy anything because I don't have account and can't figure out
how to create one.

Cold Warrior
Mar 25, 2008, 01:43 AM

Just open iTunes from your Mac and create an account from there. Then you'll have an account to use with your iPhone.

QSilver
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 25, 2008, 12:03 PM

I thought an iTunes account was required to activate the iPhone...

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 25, 2008, 01:13 PM

Nope. The Starbucks Wifi store is only available from Starbucks, which so far only works in a few Starbucks.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 25, 2008, 01:35 PM

He's talking about the regular Music Store.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 25, 2008, 03:22 PM

It seems like he was thinking about the Starbucks store, since that is the only store that only works in Starbucks.

zilla3  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2008, 06:31 PM

I mean when I have my iPhone and am in a wifi area that i can connect to, I hit the
iTunes button on the home screen and it takes me to the area where you can see most pop,
top albums, etc. So when i click on buy it says i don't have an account. I do have a regular
iTunes store account onn my mac, so is this different because I don't even see a place to sign in?
Thats why I was curious to know if it was a 'you can only use this wifi iTunes store feature' at a starbucks. Sorry if I confused anyone. thanks

QSilver
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 26, 2008, 12:56 PM

You can only access the iTunes Store when you're connected via WiFi. Doesn't matter if it's Starbucks' WiFi or anyone else's.

It is odd that you can't get to the Store when you're on any WiFi connection.

QS

Parky
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2008, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by zilla3 View Post
I mean when I have my iPhone and am in a wifi area that i can connect to, I hit the
iTunes button on the home screen and it takes me to the area where you can see most pop,
top albums, etc. So when i click on buy it says i don't have an account. I do have a regular
iTunes store account onn my mac, so is this different because I don't even see a place to sign in?
Thats why I was curious to know if it was a 'you can only use this wifi iTunes store feature' at a starbucks. Sorry if I confused anyone. thanks
When you sync your iPhone in iTunes it should copy over the iTunes Store account details so that you can buy from the iTunes Store on the iPhone. I'm not sure why it is not working for you. Do you automatic or manual sync?
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

k squared
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 30, 2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Parky View Post
When you sync your iPhone in iTunes it should copy over the iTunes Store account details so that you can buy from the iTunes Store on the iPhone. I'm not sure why it is not working for you. Do you automatic or manual sync?
You also have to be currently signed in on iTunes, right?

zilla3  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2008, 08:32 PM

I finally got it synced up that last time i connected to itunes and signed in to my
music store account. thanks for the responses!

Forum Links
Forum Rules