Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Modified Google search plugin in Mac Firefox

Modified Google search plugin in Mac Firefox
Curiosity
Senior User
Sep 17, 2010, 07:28 PM

I modified the Google Classic search plugin from the Mycroft site to give 100 results per page instead of 10. This was working on Mac Firefox as well as Windows Firefox until recently. I noticed just now that I am getting only 10 results per page with the Mac, but still 100 with Windows. Why would that be? I modified the plugin with the Mac and then transferred it to the Windows PC, so it is the same plugin with the same modified code on both. Why is that not working any more on Mac OS?

I just tried the Google Canada search plugin from Mycroft with the modification, and it gives me 100 results. I edited the Google Classic plugin to have the same format as the Canadian one except for the hostname, and it still gave only 10 results. Now I am even more confused.

Forum Links
Forum Rules