Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Large Library Crasher Fix--please verify it works!

Large Library Crasher Fix--please verify it works!
DeliciousTerry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2008, 10:04 PM

There's a bug causing extremely large libraries to crash when being upgraded from version 1 to version 2. We've fixed this bug and if you have a chance, we urgently need users to test the fix in this beta. Thanks!

Beta link: http://tinyurl.com/6lgnsm

-Terry

cchris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2008, 12:57 AM

Thanks Terry, the new beta worked on my book library. Strangely though, it didn't work on the iTunes library, as only 7000 of 60000 were added to DL2.
You can be honorable or you can make money.
--slogan of The Delicious Generation

DeliciousTerry  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2008, 04:30 AM

Yay! Glad that worked.

The iTunes is a different issue--you have to have the iTunes files in the default location for them to show up in DL2--so I'm guessing you have some stored somewhere else if you have that many. We're working on this issue as well. If you open Terminal and type in this:

defaults read com.apple.iTunes

Then tell me what it returns, that would help us a lot (this goes for anyone who's having problems with their iTunes not showing up).

lmworks
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2008, 08:27 AM

Sorry, no joy. It crashed after importing 2401 books out of my ~4500. Imported zero of my movies. I think it did iTunes okay, but I don't care about iTunes. Only my books. I'm SO discouraged. Please email me (lmworks "at" comcast.net) if you need more details. And I checked the version to make sure I ran the correct beta - it's 2.01.

Lauren

cchris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2008, 10:51 AM

Hi Terry,

The results from using the "defaults read com.apple.iTunes" command were too long to post here so I just emailed them to you.
You can be honorable or you can make money.
--slogan of The Delicious Generation

hmdonald
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2008, 11:24 PM

iTunes import doesn't work for me either (based on what Terry said). The MacNN forums only allow 20000 characters in a note, so I'll have to email you my output.

Hunter

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 22, 2008, 05:14 AM

Thanks!

Anyone else still having problems upgrading a larger version 1 library?

@Lauren. If you would mail me a crash report and title it 'LARGE LIBRARY CRASHER POST 2.0.1' I'll take a look. ([email protected])

-Terry
( Last edited by Delicious Monster; Jun 22, 2008 at 05:15 AM. Reason: added address)

illitrate
Jun 22, 2008, 06:32 AM

just a small idea i had - Lauren mentions running the correct 'beta'
but now 2.0.1 is live, yes? are you sure you're running the live build of 2.0.1?
if you use the finder to Get Info it should read 2.0.1 (v10418) i think the beta version was build v10388 or similar?

i'm sure you are since the update is automatic but just thought it might be worth checking
-- ---
"one day we're all gonna die and then we'll see who's laughing"

illitrate
Jun 22, 2008, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by DeliciousTerry View Post
The iTunes is a different issue--you have to have the iTunes files in the default location for them to show up in DL2--so I'm guessing you have some stored somewhere else if you have that many.
Is there a way to get DL2 to forget all my iTunes items and to re-import them?
Because I've got my music stored on an external disc, but it seems to have imported all of my albums - so i was thinking of removing them all from DL2 and re-importing them as a test.
-- ---

MDNZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 23, 2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by DeliciousTerry View Post
you have to have the iTunes files in the default location for them to show up in DL2-
If you create a symbolic link in the default location to the new iTunes location, will DL2 then pick up iTunes Files?

MDNZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 23, 2008, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by illitrate View Post
Is there a way to get DL2 to forget all my iTunes items and to re-import them?
Have you tried switching off iTunes in your DL2 prefs?

illitrate
Jun 23, 2008, 07:27 PM

yes - well when i first installed DL2, it began in import them all, and i thought i'd cancelled it. but now i switch them back on in the prefs, and all the albums seem to instantly appear - no importing process.
-- ---

westbeverlyhigh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 28, 2008, 02:02 AM

I deleted old Library 2 data. Opened DL2 and it converted again. Did not get any sort of error report from the program this time.

However, I only got 1476 of 1553 books, 942 of 1006 movies, and 3 of 57 video games.

Boo.

Forum Links
Forum Rules