Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > DO NOT install Logitech Control Center 1.6

DO NOT install Logitech Control Center 1.6
OperaMan
Forum Regular
Sep 29, 2005, 08:50 PM

Do not under any circumstance install this driver. It made my mouse stop working and was a pain to uninstall without it. I had to VNC from a friend's computer to do it. If you have a newer logitech device, use USB overdriver or Controllermate to configure your device. It might not do everything, but it's better than Logitech's pathetic attempt at a driver.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2005, 09:21 PM

I've never had any troubles with Logitech's drivers - used with multiple versions of OS X and various Logitech products, both keyboards and mice.
Perhaps your post title should be something more like, "I'm having trouble with Logitech software."

Krusty
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2005, 04:11 PM

I've (finally) installed 1.6 on my 10.4.2 with a wireless (RF) logitech mouse. No problemo so far

selowitch
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2005, 04:50 PM

I'm using Logitech Device Manager 1.60 under Mac OS X 10.4.2 and it's performing just fine so far.

OperaMan  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2005, 05:16 PM

I think the problem lies with the mice and keyboards that weren't supported to begin with, like my mx3100

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2005, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by OperaMan
I think the problem lies with the mice and keyboards that weren't supported to begin with, like my mx3100

himself
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2005, 07:54 PM

To those who have installed this: does the driver add any new functionality for mice? or does it just add support for new mice?
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

Lee33
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 3, 2005, 09:16 AM

I'm having problems with my cordless mouse drivers, too. I went on Logitech's website and got the latest drivers for the MX1000 mouse. Downloaded and installed and all went well. It works great.....for awhile. Then the mouse somehow reverts back to the default mouse drivers and all my settings no longer work. I have to uninstall and reinstall everything about once every two or three days. All my button settings somehow are retained, though. All I have to do is reinstall the drivers. I Emailed Logitech for help and basically they have no clue.

Have anyone had the problem and know of a fix?

Thanks
2 X 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 4.5GB RAM, 30" Cinema Display

tracemhunter
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2005, 09:41 AM

i got a mx510 last week and the drivers work fine. but every now and then it will revert to its default so i just unplug the mouse and plug it back in and it is back the way it should be.

-Q-
Oct 3, 2005, 10:55 AM

I've only had one problem with my wireless keyboard and mouse (mouse, specifically) in that I lose the cursor tracking speed. It always slows down to about half of what I set it to. But a quick trip to the System Prefs fixes it. Otherwise the drivers appear to work very well.

selowitch
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2005, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by tracemhunter
i got a mx510 last week and the drivers work fine. but every now and then it will revert to its default so i just unplug the mouse and plug it back in and it is back the way it should be.
How can you tell when it's using the wrong driver (other than checking System Profiler) during normal use, and how can you tell when it is back to where it should be (again, without checking System Profiler)?

Lee33
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 3, 2005, 03:15 PM

How can you tell when it's using the wrong driver
None of the mouse buttons work anymore.
2 X 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 4.5GB RAM, 30" Cinema Display

OperaMan  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2005, 02:31 AM

What I meant by not supported in teh first place, I meant not supported by 1.5. The description for 1.6 said support for more devices, so I thought that might have been true. Unfortunately, it was not. All of the comments on versiontracker.com are negative. Thanks logitech.

inkhead
Senior User
Oct 4, 2005, 03:20 AM

No problems, here... it's obviously something specific to your computer.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Oct 4, 2005, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by himself
To those who have installed this: does the driver add any new functionality for mice? or does it just add support for new mice?
As far as I can tell, it simply brought 10.4 compatibility. My old logitech control center stopped working when I went from 10.3 to 10.4. This seems to simply have restored functionality that I had previously had in 10.3

Forum Links
Forum Rules