Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > AT&T intros cheaper, capped data; iPhone tethering with 4.0

AT&T intros cheaper, capped data; iPhone tethering with 4.0 (Page 2)
The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2010, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
I just realized AT&T grandfathered customers on the unlimited plans because if they didn't, they could dump AT&T without paying the ETF.
What other cellphone company should I jump to if I decide to dump AT&T? Aren't these capped plans still the best deal in the U.S. Of A.?

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 5, 2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
I just realized AT&T grandfathered customers on the unlimited plans because if they didn't, they could dump AT&T without paying the ETF.
Not only that, but AT&T could be subject to a big darn class action suit. Not good business. I doubt they even seriously considered flat out ending the unlimited plans unilaterally.
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
What other cellphone company should I jump to if I decide to dump AT&T? Aren't these capped plans still the best deal in the U.S. Of A.?
I haven't seen another provider that provides the coverage I need for basic cell service, let alone gives me the data plans I have come to rely on.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

schalliol
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2010, 11:44 AM

I started with unlimited on my iPad and then for the next month I went to 250 to check the usage. After I heard about the change, I switched back to unlimited, but it takes effect after June 7. When I look at the account it says unlimited will start when the time is up. Does anyone know either way if my iPad account screen is telling the truth?
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

Forum Links
Forum Rules