Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > New ipod won't sync (itunes locks up in the middle of uploading songs.)

New ipod won't sync (itunes locks up in the middle of uploading songs.)
Yakov
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2006, 12:00 AM

Hi folks... bought a new ipod, plugged it in to "sync." battery looks full. i did a fresh restart with the 6-28 firmware and booted into itunes 6.05 and the sync always locks up! it always happens on a different song, sometimes #90, #150, whatever, but it always locks up and i have to turn off the computer to get out of that... bad!

any suggestions?

thank you!

jpmathews
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2006, 06:52 PM

I am having the same problem. I have reinstalled everything except the iPod Driver, which I cannot find to deinstall.

The problem does not occur on the Windows apparently.

any help out there?

thanks

Originally Posted by Yakov
Hi folks... bought a new ipod, plugged it in to "sync." battery looks full. i did a fresh restart with the 6-28 firmware and booted into itunes 6.05 and the sync always locks up! it always happens on a different song, sometimes #90, #150, whatever, but it always locks up and i have to turn off the computer to get out of that... bad!

any suggestions?

thank you!

jimh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2006, 02:55 PM

Have tried all the options - removing software, resetting iPod. Have tried it on my Windows Machine (yuk) and it works fine... No response from Applecare on this one.

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 8, 2006, 06:44 PM

This thread is from a couple of weeks ago... the day after posting, I brought it in and got a replacement in the Store. very good service except that my replacement 'pod is without the laser inscription. oh well, at least it works.

(I never tried the first one on Windows)

yakov.

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 9, 2006, 11:50 AM

There's nothing special about the laser engraving Apple does. Any place that does laser engraving can do it for you, and for not too much money. I'd stick with laser engraving, though-you dont' want the engraver to shake something loose inside the iPod!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

jpmathews
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 08:52 PM

I have not replace the ipod but did manage to isolate several files that would cause the sync to freeze. Excluding them I have no problem, however, why they create problems is an issue.

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 9, 2006, 09:21 PM

cool, if i see a place that does the work maybe i'll spring for it... thanks for the tip

Forum Links
Forum Rules