Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Window Prefs

Window Prefs
ZooTV
May 2, 2002, 08:49 PM

All of my windows never seem to recognize my preferences. Whenever i open my apps window, it always defaults to an original size and configuration, and it's a pain to have to change it every single time I open the folder. How can I prevent this?

grey
May 2, 2002, 11:20 PM

happens to me too (factory installation of OSX 10.1 from Novemberish on a Rev.B Tibook) - In the Finder, I go to View Options, set global icon sizes and arrangement, then next time I go to that folder, it has reverted back to its previous state. Some folders will hold the size, some won't. For example: Applications folder remembers what size of icons and to arrange by Type. Root of Macintosh HD does not.

Bad installation? Everything else works just fine.

Ricky
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2002, 11:37 PM

I posted this in an earlier post, seems to work well.

sudo find / -name .DS_Store -exec chown USERNAME {} \;

Open up Terminal and type that in, replace username with your user name, press enter, should ask for your password. Let it do it's thing, then type logout.

Finally, choose Log Out from the Apple menu.

Forum Links
Forum Rules