Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Remote Starter for '07 Camry

Remote Starter for '07 Camry
stevesnj
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2007, 02:38 PM

Im want to get a remote starter for my Moms 07 Camry. She has the factory alarm system with key fob.

Anyone out there have a remote start system in their car, or same year Camry, that they like? I want to keep the factory alarm and just want to add the remote starter system. Any recommendations would be helpful.

thanks!
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 22, 2007, 09:28 PM

uh i'm just sayin, that seems like a really particular situation you're asking about (07 camry+factory alarm+aftermarket remote start), I'd probably post this question on some sort of automotive forum.
ice

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2007, 06:26 AM

i know you can do it if you are willing to have a alternate alarm system installed.

remote start, remote window roll up/down, and aftermarket alarm. they'll even tell you if the alarms been triggered etc.

but if you want factory alarm, and just add the one function of remote start, i dunno.

Does your mom's camry have a push button start, or the key ignition?

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

stevesnj  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2007, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lancer409 View Post
i know you can do it if you are willing to have a alternate alarm system installed.

remote start, remote window roll up/down, and aftermarket alarm. they'll even tell you if the alarms been triggered etc.

but if you want factory alarm, and just add the one function of remote start, i dunno.

Does your mom's camry have a push button start, or the key ignition?
Keyed ignition
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules