Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac G3 first gen funkiness

iMac G3 first gen funkiness
foolintherain
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2005, 08:35 PM

I had a first generation iMac that was a pretty good little machine at the time. Then one day we had a huge thunderstorm that came up really quickly and hit the electrical lines around my house. When that happened there was a huge crackling noise from where the iMac was, I didnt have time to unplug it before the storm. So after the storm I go and try the computer and it works fine. Then a few days later the screen started flickering and making loud clicking noises too. The screen then went black. The computer actually still runs, it starts up and I can click on things if i move the mouse around and try to find things. But that will only last for like 3 minutes before the computer shuts off on its own. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what the lightening did to the computer, and if it was actually the lightening. Thanks
14" iBook
1.33 GHz 1.25 GB RAM 60 GB HD Airport Extreme-3G 10GB iPod-1 GB iPod shuffle-Airport Express

Forum Links
Forum Rules