Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Never-ending iTunes?

Never-ending iTunes?
Louis_SX
Jun 28, 2005, 10:09 PM

On my wife's eMac (1.25GHz/Radeon 9200 version), iTunes just won't stay closed. She's running Tiger 10.4.1 and it's happened with iTunes 4.8 and 4.9 now. 4.9 is approximately 800x more likely to spontaneously start itself up, and I'm at a loss as to why. She'll shut it down, walk away from the machine, go back to the computer and it's playing music all on its own. Any suggestions? She's restarting now and I'll let you know if that helps. TIA

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 10:11 PM

hyperb0le
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2005, 12:39 AM

Maybe someone accidentally set an iCal event to play a song?

waffffffle
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2005, 01:11 AM

What other iTunes-related software do you have on your Mac? Many of those programs that let you control iTunes have bugs that cause them to continue polling iTunes, which relaunches it every time it quits.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 29, 2005, 01:55 AM

Any widgets up? Some konfabulator widgets used to do this.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2005, 09:51 AM

kungtunes?

Louis_SX  (op)
Jun 29, 2005, 11:24 AM

It's gotta be a widget, because after a restart, iTunes behaved itself until she went into the dashboard, and immediately following, iTunes started cranking itself up again. I'll have to look at it when I get home to see exactly what widgets it could be. I honestly have NO CLUE what other iTunes software she's got installed other than iJournal, which just can import song titles for use with LiveJournal, but that had been shut down at the time.

Louis_SX  (op)
Jun 30, 2005, 09:18 AM

Got it nailed down: she's got a widget to look up lyrics of the current iTunes selection. Once it was removed from her Dashboard, it quit launching iTunes. Thanks for the widget hint, I'd have not thought of that on my own!

Forum Links
Forum Rules