Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Address book's SMS doesnt work with a T630

Address book's SMS doesnt work with a T630
Pao|o
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 28, 2006, 09:08 AM

Am running 10.4.6 on an 12" iBook 1.33Ghz connected via bluetooth to a T630. Im having problems sending SMS via OS X's Address book through my T630. Anyone having this problem?

I googled my problem and came up with a solution from 2004 but the OS used then was 10.3.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2006, 09:41 AM

try searching specifically at howardforums.com or esato.com, and if you don't find anything, join one of their forums and ask.

Can you do other stuff with that phone via Bluetooth (send files back and forth, for example)?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2006, 05:00 PM

Even better ....

www.macosxhints.com

I had to do something similar to enable this on my Z520a. But you may not need to do it manually like this after the 10.4.7. update.

OAW

waffffffle
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2006, 06:04 PM

It works for me. However I prefer to use BluePhoneElite for this anyways.

Pao|o  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 28, 2006, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by OAW
Even better ....

www.macosxhints.com

I had to do something similar to enable this on my Z520a. But you may not need to do it manually like this after the 10.4.7. update.

OAW
i've done the instructions fround on HINTS and the T630's there already.

naybe i have to delete my t630 from the ibook and add it again?

Pao|o  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2006, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by slugslugslug
try searching specifically at howardforums.com or esato.com, and if you don't find anything, join one of their forums and ask.

Can you do other stuff with that phone via Bluetooth (send files back and forth, for example)?
I can make calls, send and receive files, Salling Clicker also works just no SMS.

Pao|o  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2006, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by waffffffle
It works for me. However I prefer to use BluePhoneElite for this anyways.
YOu have the same setup as I do?

OS X 10.4.6 + T630? How'd you resolve it?

orbital~debris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2006, 11:10 AM

I used to have a T630, which I was always able to send SMS texts with via Address Book.
It also received SMS texts and displayed them in a dialogue box, allowing me to log them in Address Book's Notes field.

Annoyingly, I am unable to send a text via my new LG KG800, even though it seems to link to Address Book via Bluetooth (the text appears to send but just disappears into the ether)…

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Jul 4, 2006, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pao|o
Am running 10.4.6 on an 12" iBook 1.33Ghz connected via bluetooth to a T630. Im having problems sending SMS via OS X's Address book through my T630. Anyone having this problem?

I googled my problem and came up with a solution from 2004 but the OS used then was 10.3.
I have the same problem with my SE w600i

"Hello, what have we here?

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2006, 09:37 PM

Anybody been able to get a Motorola phone working with Address Book?

I can sync via iSync connected through Bluetooth with my Moto E815, no problem. But when I open AB and click on the Bluetooth button, it asks me for a password to pair, says it's paired and then poof, it disconnects.

So the option to send SMS or Dial via Bluetooth are greyed out.

I've read a hint on macosxhints.com but it seemed aimed more at Sony Erickson phones. So I'm looking for anyone who has had success with a V710, E815 or RAZR.

I'm using Verizon, so OBEX is disabled (hampered, handicapped, etc.) but that shouldn't matter for SMS and dialing since I can do those through BluePhoneElite.

I'd just rather use Address Book than a third party app if I can. Less overhead.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules