Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Kensington Expert Mouse

FS: Kensington Expert Mouse
OverclockedHomoSapien
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006, 06:29 PM

This is a Kensington Expert Mouse,
model# K64325. Of course it is not really a mouse at all, but rather a trackball. It has a ring around the trackball for scrolling, along with four buttons, and two chord "buttons" (The above link has all the details). Also included but not shown in the photo is a genuine "pleather" wrist rest that snaps onto the trackball, and if you need it, a dinosaur windows ps/2 adaptor.

I bought this as a Christmas present for myself in late December, and tried using it for about 2 weeks. I love it, but unfortunately my carpal tunnel syndrome is aggravated by it, although I should add that my reason for buying it is that so many people with carpal tunnel syndrome recommended it. One really must try one to know if it helps with CTS. After using it a few weeks, CTS or not, I prefer it to a mouse.

With only 2 weeks of use, condition is like new. Unfortunately the box and instructions got pitched in the Christmas confusion, but you can easily download the MouseWorks driver.

An Expert Mouse runs between roughly $70 - $110 new. Make a reasonable offer via private message and we can try to work something out with the shipping and all. I live in SE Michigan and do lots of traveling, so if you're in that area, including the Toledo, Ohio area, I'd be happy to deliver the mouse to avoid shipping charges.
[FONT="book antiqua"]"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson, 1816.[/FONT]

OverclockedHomoSapien  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 8, 2006, 06:37 AM

<nudge>

This is a great trackball, surely some graphic artist here could use it? If it doesn't sell here, I'm going to eBay, where it will probably fetch a higher price than I'm willing to let it go here. I'd rather it finds a new home with a Mac user than some Windows droid.
[FONT="book antiqua"]"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2006, 05:37 AM

Someone must be the slightest bit interested. Anyone?

It's going up on eBay next, and I guarantee you the eBay price will be higher than whatever we work out from this forum. I just don't feel like going to the trouble of setting up an eBay account, so I'll make this last call and then throw it to the wolves for bidding.

vri2i
Forum Regular
Jan 17, 2006, 05:42 PM

I sent you a PM.
Let me know if this is still available.
Thanks !

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2006, 02:53 PM

Yes, check your PM.

Forum Links
Forum Rules