Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > VLC fullscreen and dock alerts

VLC fullscreen and dock alerts
abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2007, 02:27 AM

if I have a moving playing in quicktime at fullscreen, if I get a message from adium I can see it's dock icon bouncing even though the dock is hidden.

when I watch a movie in VLC at fullscreen (latest version), if I get a message the dock icon bounces but it can't be seen if VLC fullscreen is frontmost. is there anyway to get a dock bounce alert to show when VLC is playing fullscreen?

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2007, 06:00 AM

My experience has been that the dock is hidden when viewing full screen video in VLC. Not sure what happens if you have Growl installed.

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2007, 10:34 AM

Growl messages show up in front of full-screen VLC movies — one of several reasons I never use it. FrontRow works well enough for me and is nice enough to completely hide the desktop while it's running.

Forum Links
Forum Rules