Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Stuck in TW 23 day / replacement arrived

Stuck in TW 23 day / replacement arrived
oexecbmug
Dedicated MacNNer
May 21, 2005, 11:02 PM

It is next to me as I type on my ice book. I made about 9 phone calls to Apple before I reached a supervisor who got the replacement order in the pipe line on the 13th. Never really up set but always assertive. Got through to a supervisor and when I asked to speak to his superior he 'claimed all concerned peoples problems stopped with him. I think he was a troll from Microsoft, hanging out at the call center. He would not help at all.

PB came in a recycled unmarked brown cardboard box. Only ID was very small print in the return part of address label 'apple'. 10.4 inside and on a disk - nothing else the PowerBooks. iWork was on hard drive but people at local apple store said I needed to purchase iWork from them to make it work after 30 days. Believing them I spent the 79.00

Wanted to keep this new unit clean so only transferring by typing in what I really need. Plus loaded a few things from purchased application disks. Although I have use Bluetooth between the two to transfer a music piece for a slide show that I have been working on. iBook had been completely backed up on a fire wire HD; which I can easily access if need be.

With both units and air port turned on and when I log on with one the other responds at the same time. neat.

That's my human interest story - very happy with my new PowerBooks.

nashstradamus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2005, 02:27 PM

speak literate english! jk
but you should really work on it

Forum Links
Forum Rules