Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > TAM keyboard screw up

TAM keyboard screw up
rascalina
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2002, 03:56 PM

We get home and voila my husband sits down in front of his TAM to wake it from sleep and it doesn't wake up. Thinking it's frozen he tries to reboot it. Machine gives no response what so ever. Very pissed he looks around the machine and notices that the ADB cable that connects the keyboard to the computer is underneath the stand. The cable gets caught from time to time when one tries to slide the computer around. (The tam sits on a coffee table in the living room)........

More of the story here http://homepage.mac.com/rascie/TAM.html

I desperately need some serious help.

Thanks in advance
Rascalina

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Mar 12, 2002, 06:16 PM

I don't know if anyone read the link, but the husband seems like a rage-oholic. If I came home and found my TAM broken, yes, I would be pissed, but I would just get it fixed. S#|+ happens. Call Apple and ask them what you should do. They may fix the computer for a very reasonable price.

ALSO, if you are trying to keep the computer in a pristine state, you shouldn't use it, and you should keep it in an airtight vault in the bank.

I think the TAM was cool, but the price was absolutely ridiculous. $7,000 USD for a computer... Clearly Apple was trying to see if they could make a computer a collectors item. I guess it worked.

drewman
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2002, 02:55 PM

You do know that most of the TAMs were sold at $2000 or less, right? I bought my original TAM for $1700 new from MacWarehouse.

I returned it to Apple for the buzz problem and got a G3 Tower and LCD Screen for it under warranty.

A year later, I missed it, so I bought another unit, almost immediately had the buzz problem, but returned it for repair to Apple and this time it did get fixed.

I use it as my iTunes computer and it works perfectly for that purpose. In installed a wireless ethernet PCI card, so it has no unsightly cables coming out of it except for power.

drewman

Forum Links
Forum Rules