Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Touchpad, stuck?

MacBook Touchpad, stuck?
tdog10
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 12:20 AM

Hi,

I just got a MacBook a month ago and I have a problem that randomly pops up. The touch pad becomes unresponsive, momentarily, for around a second. I can't reproduce it but it just happens sometimes. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

eightbit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 12:41 AM

yeah, i have that problem on occasion. no idea what causes it. sometimes my cursor disappears completely for a few seconds at a time.

ael719
Forum Regular
Sep 1, 2006, 12:48 AM

I noticed my cursor disappears usually when I am web browsing in Firefox. I'll be typing something or just reading and then when I move my mouse/trackpad it takes me about 5 seconds before my cursor appears.

Not a big deal, but still ****ing annoying.
Retired: Dell Dimension 8200
Current: MacBook Black
Future: iMac or MacPro

d_oob
Forum Regular
Sep 1, 2006, 12:26 PM

I don't think it is necessarily a Macbook problem. The disappearing cursor for 1 second thing happens on my dual 867 G4 running Tiger using a mouse. It has always happened, even from when i used Panther and in ANY application. It either freezes or disappears completely then comes back after about a second. HEY!, it just happened! AND i'm on my girlfriend's iBook 933 G4 running Tiger on a touchpad.
retired pismo 400 G4, macbook 2.0GHz, mac pro 2.66GHz

happycube
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2006, 11:20 PM

Go to the "Keyboard and Mouse" system preferences panel and deslect "Ignore accidental trackpad input"

SLiMeX
Senior User
Oct 11, 2006, 12:53 AM

Thanks for the tip, HappyCube, I'll see if this fixes the problem!
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

xsphat
Forum Regular
Oct 11, 2006, 01:21 AM

I get that to, but it usually happens when the computer is doing something like shutting down a program or saving a file.

roksob
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2007, 01:43 PM

I've had the same problem on my MacBook and was begining to really miss my old G4 iBook. I installed OS 10.4.9 and now feel like I have a new machine. It is working the way I expected the C2Duo to work. Much faster loading apps... superfast screen re-fresh and best of all, no more sticky cursor.

Forum Links
Forum Rules