Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Tracking books from a public library

Tracking books from a public library
dpierron
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2007, 06:48 AM

Hi !

I've been using Delicous Library to manage my books for quite a long time, and for the moments I have all of them (the physical books) stored in 6 big boxes, with the number of the box added to the 'location' field in Delicious Library.

A few days ago I registered with the public library in my hometown, and I rented a few books.

I'd like to manage these, too, preferably in the same library, and rate them. But I need a way to easily distinguish between books I own and books I rented. It would have to be easy to see all the books I own vs all those I rented (like using a smart playlist in iTunes, maybe).

Does anybody have any suggestion about how I could achieve this ?

Cheers,
David.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2007, 01:21 PM

I would use the Owner field, in My Info. You might even add yourself as a borrower and check them out to yourself.

dpierron  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2007, 01:36 PM

Thanks, I already thought of this, but my problem is that my books would be mixed ...
Is there something like a smart list in DL ?
Cheers,
David.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2007, 04:58 PM

Not yet; smart shelves are a planned feature in Delicious Library 2.

auribe14
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2007, 09:27 PM

On a similar note, i'd like a category or check box to be able to keep track of the books I have read that were checked out of a library (and obviously returned). Right now, i am just putting checked out/returned in the notes, but it seems that it would be much more pleasing to be able to categorize a book as "read when checked out of a library".

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 1, 2007, 11:34 AM

I would just check the read/played box and set Public Library as the owner. Otherwise you'd have a big, useless, "read when checked out of public library" box on all your other media.

Forum Links
Forum Rules