Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Miss Teen USA.. tuned in right as the host asked..

Miss Teen USA.. tuned in right as the host asked..
IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 6, 2004, 10:52 PM

Question was: What's the first thing you would do if elected president?

"I'd work with the FDA to ban fast food restaurants.. there's somethin' in those fries I think. I eat too many!!" - (cute/sexy smile) - that was Miss Hawaii.

holy crap, man. surely they're not all lacking important brain function as this girl is, but most of the girls had some really retarded answers for the questions asked of them.

but hell man, they're all ripe lookin'. nice stuff.

I feel like Towelie right now, btw.
ice

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2004, 11:06 PM

Those girls were 16?

IceEnclosure  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 6, 2004, 11:15 PM

my friend, I'm a scout. a talent scout perhaps.
gotta see what's comin' up. or what's up and comin'.

in a few years these girls- much like young Ricky around '79, will be in the big leagues.

next thing you know, you're grabbin the pine tar.

you're up next.
ice

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2004, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by IceEnclosure:
in a few years these girls- much like young Ricky around '79, will be in the big leagues.

ender2002
Senior User
Aug 6, 2004, 11:19 PM

they're all fake and plastic. no wonder they can't put together an intelligent response.

amsalpemkcus
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 11:39 PM

they all look boringly alike to me from here. like everyone seems to have figured out the perfect extension of the mouth for a smile. and i get very suspicious when chicks smile like that as well.. I dont care who's best in whatever, i hope I dont get nightmares with all those smiling faces showing up all at once tonight in sleep...arrgh

IceEnclosure  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 6, 2004, 11:58 PM

amsalpemkcus said "i get very suspicious when chicks smile like that as well"

as you should. as we all should.
ice

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2004, 12:12 AM

Aye, thats just not pretty to me. The hottest woman I know.. well she is hot by my standards even though she probably turn a lot of guys off. She also has an upside-down smile...

She hit me with her purse once

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

amsalpemkcus
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 12:43 AM

Originally posted by Tulkas:
She also has an upside-down smile...
She hit me with her purse once
its not the smile, its not the how perfect her lips are, or the nose or how gorgeous those eyes are (beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the cliche has it), anyway its not anything singular. its the collective, its the way she can look at you sometimes, it can quickly lead to a whole lot of rambunctious action...

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2004, 01:08 AM

Originally posted by amsalpemkcus:
its not the smile, its not the how perfect her lips are, or the nose or how gorgeous those eyes are (beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the cliche has it), anyway its not anything singular. its the collective, its the way she can look at you sometimes, it can quickly lead to a whole lot of rambunctious action...
Exactly what I intended to say.

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 01:18 AM

I have learned over the years what a lot of guys find attractive is actually unhealthy. Most Super models are scarily unhealthy looking... I don't get why so many guys go for the gaunt look. When in reality women should be much more curvy. If a woman has proportionally less fat than you, you're needing to loose weight, or she's not healthy.

There are some girls that are naturally skinny... but there are far to many who kill themselves starving themselves and dieting and what not just to look like some guy's skewed idea of beauty. There's nothing beautiful about a woman being who she wouldn't naturally be.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 02:55 AM

In random semi-related news, the former headmaster (he retired) of my school was a judge in a recent Miss World. I find that a bit... Odd.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 04:09 AM

Originally posted by Superchicken:
there are far to many who kill themselves starving themselves and dieting and what not just to look like some guy's skewed idea of beauty. There's nothing beautiful about a woman being who she wouldn't naturally be.
Aren't you the guy who was all excited his male roommate was hot?

Anyway, nothing wrong with girls not letting themselves get all chunky. If they let themselves go at 17 or even 25 by the time they pop out two kids they are as wide as a washing machine. I personally like high maintenance girls. No one is actually able to look perfect but if a girl wants to get as close as she is able to then good for her. I'll take the size 4 over the 10 any day of the week.

Call them fake of whatever you want they are still wicked hot

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 04:15 AM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
/chick
average.

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 04:48 AM

Originally posted by Superchicken:
I have learned over the years what a lot of guys find attractive is actually unhealthy. Most Super models are scarily unhealthy looking...
pfff. yeah right.

if some supermodel only walked by your trailer home, you'd be chokin' the "superchicken" 'till the cows came home. spare us the pc routine.

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 07:58 AM

I personally like high maintenance girls. ... I'll take the size 4 over the 10 any day of the week.

Seconded, minus the 'wicked' part.

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 09:43 AM

Man I'd hit... wait... is she legal? Hold on, she's about the age of my STUDENTS!?!?!

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 09:50 AM

I'd hit...wait is she the age of my daughter???
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2004, 11:38 AM

See, I don't find that hot in the least. In fact she looks kind of creepy. Some guys like that. Its all a matter of preference.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 11:43 AM

teenage girls these days wear seriously slutty clothes. i never remember girls wearing clothes like that when i was in high school, then again i was more into sports and hanging out with friends then going after girls. its hard to walk thru a mall today without seeing some 15-17 yr old girl who looks like she could be in her twenties...its hard to say "i'd hit that" when you know its straight jail bait

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by nredman:
its hard to walk thru a mall today without seeing some 15-17 yr old girl who looks like she could be in her twenties...its hard to say "i'd hit that" when you know its straight jail bait
Don't go to malls, problems solved!
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

Powaqqatsi
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 12:57 PM

teenage girls these days wear seriously slutty clothes. i never remember girls wearing clothes like that when i was in high school, then again i was more into sports and hanging out with friends then going after girls. its hard to walk thru a mall today without seeing some 15-17 yr old girl who looks like she could be in her twenties...its hard to say "i'd hit that" when you know its straight jail bait
Tell me about it, a year or so ago (I was 17 at the time) there was some girl who was trying to err "get my attention". And well after a while I asked her what age she was, she looked like 16/17 to me and she said "13". I was like WTF???, oh sheez look at the time I have to go now. 13!! damn, my sister is 13. Ok it's only 4 years of difference but when you're 17 that a lot.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 7, 2004, 01:13 PM

webcookie
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2004, 04:05 PM

This thread depresses me so much. I'm 18 and I look about 14-15ish. Why can't I be one of these girls who looks older. Or at least look my age!
iBook G4: 800mhz, 640mb, 40gb ("Astrid")
iPod: 30gb Photo ("Gordon"), 1gb Shuffle ("Tinker Bell")
For the record: I am female

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2004, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by webcookie:
This thread depresses me so much. I'm 18 and I look about 14-15ish. Why can't I be one of these girls who looks older. Or at least look my age!
In twenty-five years, you'd be wanting the opposite.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by gorickey:

voyageur
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by webcookie:
I was the same way at your age. Even after I had kids at ages 26 and 30 some people thought I was a teen mother or "the babysitter". Ah, those were the days! Enjoy 'em while you can!

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2004, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by voyageur:
I was the same way at your age. Even after I had kids at ages 26 and 30 some people thought I was a teen mother or "the babysitter". Ah, those were the days! Enjoy 'em while you can!
I seem to recall a picture of you posted here not long ago having been greeted with incredulousness once you mentioned your age...

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2004, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by shmerek:
I can actually see her being 16. Little on the tall side. Bit thin. No muscle at all. Not all that attractive.

capuchin
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2004, 05:51 PM

Hell, I don't care if she's 16. In my jaded and depleted moral and ethical world, and given half a chance, I'd bang the holy living snot out of her. And I'm pretty sure the rest of you would too, no matter what you say.
All opinions are entirely those of my employer. It's not my fault.

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2004, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by capuchin:
Hell, I don't care if she's 16. In my jaded and depleted moral and ethical world, and given half a chance, I'd bang the holy living snot out of her. And I'm pretty sure the rest of you would too, no matter what you say.
Thats very immature. I think you can be assured that most people here would not do that, at least the ones with any respect for women or want a meaningful relationship. Hell, I bet ca$h would agree.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 06:27 PM

While I do think that many of the girls are very attractive... they're all the same! They're all so boring! It's kind of creepy, really.

ryju
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 06:30 PM

Oh sweet I'm only two years older...Still wouldn't be right though.

HOTT

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 06:40 PM

Originally posted by shmerek:

No wonder my girlfriend has a negative self-image. How would you feel if you were constantly being compared to THAT in the media?!? I believe the gap between women and men in that that regard is closing though. We guys now compete with the likes of Brad Pitt/Johnny Depp.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 06:46 PM

Yeah, but the sex will only last so long. Everyone old has more aesthetic deficiencies that young people. By 50, all you'll want is a decent person and someone who can cook.

Come on, how can you get along with someone who wants to get rid of grilled stuffed burritos? Never.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 07:04 PM

Age 18 has nothing to do with morality.
I, ASIMO.

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2004, 07:12 PM

Originally posted by ASIMO:
Age 18 has nothing to do with morality.
No, it has a bit to do with maturity. Guys and girls are just not ready for a real relationship at that age.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 07:53 PM

No, it has a bit to do with maturity. Guys and girls are just not ready for a real relationship at that age.
Do you really believe that? That once 18, guys and dolls are suddenly mature enough for a "real" relationship? Arbitrary legalities aside, what makes 18 the special age? Culture?
I, ASIMO.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 08:00 PM

Thats very immature. I think you can be assured that most people here would not do that, at least the ones with any respect for women or want a meaningful relationship. Hell, I bet ca$h would agree.
Using cash as a barometer for anything is just a bad idea. And the fact that you care about his views doesn't speak very well for you. The problem in your theory is that all relationships do not have to have to have some meaningful core at their center. Sometimes its just about fun. Its pretty damned simple to respect someone as a person and still only want to have a fling.
And so what some if these girls aren't rocket scientists. They can still be nice people. The majority of you people in here aren't all that bright. At least these girls are attractive which is more than can be said for some of the respondents to this thread. Additionally, you can't equate vanity and hubris with a lack of intelligence. I think sometimes plain looking people want to think that's true just to make themselves feel better.
But as for dating high school girls... yeah that's not cool after you have graduated high school yourself or maybe a year after. But I highly recommend dating college sophomores.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 08:08 PM

At least these girls are attractive which is more than can be said for some of the respondents to this thread.
*points finger at you*

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 08:17 PM

i'm 25 and married and still not ready for a real relationship just kidding

i can't speak for girls but when i was in high school i didnt have any maturity to date girls...one and two dates and i thought i was in love...ahh the good old days

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2004, 08:20 PM

Additionally, you can't equate vanity and hubris with a lack of intelligence. I think sometimes plain looking people want to think that's true just to make themselves feel better.
That's all too common. Sometimes it's difficult to admit when you're jealous.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Spliff
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 10:58 PM

Man, if only I were a rock star. I'd shag all 50 states. O-Face (sound)

*drooling like Homer*

Such tight asses, such smooth stomachs . . .
( Last edited by Spliff; Aug 7, 2004 at 11:12 PM. )

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2004, 12:00 AM

Using cash as a barometer for anything is just a bad idea. And the fact that you care about his views doesn't speak very well for you. The problem in your theory is that all relationships do not have to have to have some meaningful core at their center. Sometimes its just about fun. Its pretty damned simple to respect someone as a person and still only want to have a fling.
And so what some if these girls aren't rocket scientists. They can still be nice people. The majority of you people in here aren't all that bright. At least these girls are attractive which is more than can be said for some of the respondents to this thread. Additionally, you can't equate vanity and hubris with a lack of intelligence. I think sometimes plain looking people want to think that's true just to make themselves feel better.
But as for dating high school girls... yeah that's not cool after you have graduated high school yourself or maybe a year after. But I highly recommend dating college sophomores.
Ca$h is married and that requires a certain level of maturity and dedication. Anyone can have a "fling" and anyone can bang a girl. That isn't a relationship. I don't expect them to be intelligent. In fact you won't find a whole lot of intelligent 16 year old girls. Still, there's nothing wrong with being good looking but as this thread proves there is no ultimate beauty, its all about the tastes of the admirer.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Aug 8, 2004, 12:05 AM

Ca$h is married and that requires a certain level of maturity and dedication.
Hahaha. Thanks for my laugh of the evening.

BTW, for all the pervs in this thread, it should be noted that the age of consent varies, and may be as low as 14 in the US of A. It's also 14 in Canada, which I think is too low, at least when the consent is for someone 10 years older or whatever. 16 seems like a more reasonable number.
( Last edited by Eug Wanker; Aug 8, 2004 at 12:12 AM. )

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2004, 12:41 AM

Ca$h is married and that requires a certain level of maturity and dedication. Anyone can have a "fling" and anyone can bang a girl. That isn't a relationship. I don't expect them to be intelligent. In fact you won't find a whole lot of intelligent 16 year old girls. Still, there's nothing wrong with being good looking but as this thread proves there is no ultimate beauty, its all about the tastes of the admirer.
"Maturity and dedication"? We'll see how that is after 7 years, his honeymoon isn't even over yet. Any idiot can get a piece of paper and play "house" for a while.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 01:00 AM

Ok. Waaaaaaaaay off topic. I just saw The Big Lebowski. I now get it! lol (I need to go bowling...)

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2004, 01:18 AM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
"Maturity and dedication"? We'll see how that is after 7 years, his honeymoon isn't even over yet. Any idiot can get a piece of paper and play "house" for a while.
Umm, sorry, takes a little extra to date someone for awhile and then both decide to spend the rest of your lives together. Any idiot can play house, true. Marriage is quite another thing.

tavilach
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 01:38 AM

In fact you won't find a whole lot of intelligent 16 year old girls
Everyone was once 16. Simply because the 16 year olds of this day and age are obsessed with fashion, popularity and glamour does not imply that none are intelligent. Intelligence can oftentimes be hidden behind a vail of vanity.

Whoa...that last sentence of mine sounds awesome.

Umm, sorry, takes a little extra to date someone for awhile and then both decide to spend the rest of your lives together. Any idiot can play house, true. Marriage is quite another thing.
*Cough* Britney Spears *Cough*

I'm just messing around, though. I agree with you, Tulkas (about Ca$h having some level of maturity)...not that I always agree with Ca$h.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2004, 01:56 AM

Dating and deciding are easy, doing is something else entirely. The infatuation and lust during the dating and honeymoon period is the fun part, that particular fun doesn't last forever. Like I said, give it 7 years and we'll see.
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules