Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Right & Wrong

View Poll Results: Is there an absolute right & wrong; or a god?
Poll Options:
Yes, there is. And there is a God. 17 votes (36.96%)
Yes there is, but there is no God. 9 votes (19.57%)
No, there isn't an absolute, but there is a God. 4 votes (8.70%)
No, there is no God or absolutes. 16 votes (34.78%)
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll
Right & Wrong (Page 3)
Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by Wiskedjak:
At least there's proof that some Christians understand their faith.
Tulkas is the Lord of Darkness.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by Tulkas:
Yes, I must have forgotten the eleventh commandment: "Thou shalt not derail threads Zimphire hath already derailed."

Look buddy, I am not the one that started the personal insults in this thread. You need to go back and re-read the thread.

I believe it was I who told you to get a grip because of your behavior and you were the one who tried to justify. Failing that you said it was silly. Failing to prove it was silly you screamed fan-boy, frankly this whole "fan-boy" thing is getting a little bit psychotic.

I agree, stop being one. I wasn't trying to justify anything. You are in no position to be telling me these things teeny bopper.

Hmm, but the Bible states that we are brothers in a very real sense. Would Jesus approve? James 5:19-20: "My brothers, if one of you wanders away from the truth and somebody brings him back, 20 you may be sure that whoever brings a sinner back from his wrong path will save his soul from death and cover a multitude of sins."

So your christianity is of no concern?

Again, trying to push it back on me.
No, it seems like Christianity is not of YOUR concern. Your only concern it seems is to whine about me.

You obsession with me is a sad one.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 02:31 PM

The code that we both claim to live by gives me every right, even the obligation, to show you your error.

It does? Where?

I've watched you sliding for too long and ignored it. This isn't about accusations, this is about the un-christ-like behavior by someone who claims to be a christian.

And by you doing the SAME thing, how are you any better? That is what I am trying to show YOU.

Of course I must be imagining this! Your excuses are getting thinner than road kill, not to mention the smell.

If you can explain how I'm not acting like a christian I'll gladly listen.

You are doing the same thing you are acussing me of. But you don't see it through your self righteous banter.

I don't think that God really matters to you anymore. Its just all about you arguing. Its YOUR choice to act like a christian or not and you know it. You can either sacrifice everything you supposedly dedicated your life to or not.

This is a choice between right and wrong.
I think you really have no clue about what you are speaking of. It seems to be your only obsession is to "show me" when you come off as a hypocrite.

I've asked you over and over again if you have a personal problem with me, to private message me and not further take this off topic. But you can't. Why is that?

What I am saying is, you are in no position to be talking down to people, telling them they are good or bad Christians Mr Lord of Darkness.

CreepingDeth  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 02:51 PM

Wonder what they'll call me next�

OMG, wd actually mentioned God as the only creator! Intolerant, ignorant, racist, homophobic, closed-minded, stubborn, evil, cold, angry Christian!
Isn't it amazing almost the majority of the people on this board believe not only is there no god, but that there is no right or wrong, good or evil, Taco Bell vs. McDonald's (made that last one up).
"Woops, did I just kill that dude for beating my bitch@ Oh well, it wasn't right or wrong!"

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 02:59 PM

Creeping, you have to understand. MacNN is filled with mostly younger people.

That is ages from 14 to 25. The age were the most ideological thinking comes from. They have yet to experience any "real" life. So MOST of the comments you get here come from said ideals.

Go to a forum where there are mostly older people (late 20s and up) and you'll find out it is different all together. Take Tulkas, he is a teenager and thinks he knows it all.

I think we all were once ideological and "knew it all" at these ages. I know I thought I did.

Then I grew up and realized I didn't know squat.

Most of these people are still in the "know it all" stage.

Take it for granted

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2004, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Tulkas is the Lord of Darkness.
Oh, that ancient. Haven't used this account in ages.

Of course you're the King Of Nothingness so not only do you have no room to talk, I out-rank you.

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 03:03 PM

Oh, that ancient. Haven't used this account in ages.
Yes, you usually troll using multiple accounts, I know.

A few just got banned recently. You are a real object of Christianity.

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2004, 03:05 PM

Creeping, you have to understand. MacNN is filled with mostly younger people.

That is ages from 14 to 25. The age were the most ideological thinking comes from. They have yet to experience any "real" life. So MOST of the comments you get here come from said ideals.

Go to a forum where there are mostly older people (late 20s and up) and you'll find out it is different all together.

I think we all were once ideological and "knew it all" at these ages. I know I thought I did.

Then I grew up and realized I didn't know squat.

Most of these people are still in the "know it all" stage.

Take it for granted.
Okay, keep telling yourself that when you're rising to people's bait. Tell it to yourself when you're trying to invalidate what people say based on their age. Tell yourself that when you can't recognize a brother in Christ, but have no qualms about replying to his concern with mockery. Just keep telling yourself, I'm sure it'll make it all better

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2004, 03:07 PM

get a room you two

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 03:15 PM

Okay, keep telling yourself that when you're rising to people's bait. Tell it to yourself when you're trying to invalidate what people say based on their age. Tell yourself that when you can't recognize a brother in Christ, but have no qualms about replying to his concern with mockery. Just keep telling yourself, I'm sure it'll make it all better
Tulkas, no I am saying your actions of the past two weeks (You know, registering multiple accounts to troll and cause trouble) puts you into NO Position to condemn me.

I never said I was perfect. As a matter of fact, I have said otherwise. Get off your high horse. Or, register a new account to troll with. I am sure you have more.

And yes, your age DOES have something to do with it. It's always the young that tries to act like it doesn't.

But they have never been anything other than young. So they really don't know. I used to say the same thing to my parents "I doesn't matter how old I aaaaaaaaaaaaaam"

Then I got older and realized I was wrong.

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2004, 03:16 PM

It does? Where?
[/b]
And by you doing the SAME thing, how are you any better? That is what I am trying to show YOU.
[/b]
You are doing the same thing you are acussing me of. But you don't see it through your self righteous banter.

I think you really have no clue about what you are speaking of. It seems to be your only obsession is to "show me" when you come off as a hypocrite.

I've asked you over and over again if you have a personal problem with me, to private message me and not further take this off topic. But you can't. Why is that?

What I am saying is, you are in no position to be talking down to people, telling them they are good or bad Christians Mr Lord of Darkness. [/B]
James 5:19-20.

No, you can't stand up to what I'm saying so you accuse me of doing the exact same thing. Ever wonder why no one respects your faith on this board? Yet there are christians that are well respected, whatever their differences. You can hide behind all this "fan-boy" crap all you like, its just kind of amusing when you use it then in the same post talk about maturity.

I am not doing this in PMs because I think people need to see this, and it is not a personal issue so.

Okay, so you claim I'm talking down to you then you turn around and do the same thing. I am pointing your error out to you. Sorry Mr. King of Nothingness, this isn't an argument so you cannot win. This is between you and the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, not some silly debate you can win by slandering and name calling.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 03:24 PM

No, you can't stand up to what I'm saying so you accuse me of doing the exact same thing.

I am not trying to stand up to what you are saying. I was just pointing out your all out hypocrisy. At least I don't create multiple accounts to troll with. You do.

Ever wonder why no one respects your faith on this board?

No one? There you go again. YOU HAVE NO CLUE. I have to wipe my private messages DAILY because of the support I get from people. That is the ONLY reason I am still here.

Yet there are christians that are well respected, whatever their differences.

Heh, there are VERY little Christians that get respect in here. And the ones that do that I have seen are very secular Christians that pick and choose what they want to believe in. Every person that I have seen in here that has admitted they are Christians have been ridiculed.

You can hide behind all this "fan-boy" crap all you like, its just kind of amusing when you use it then in the same post talk about maturity.

Not hiding behind it. That is exactly what it is. You cannot bring yourself to STOP obsessing about me. That is what a fanboy IS!

I am not doing this in PMs because I think people need to see this, and it is not a personal issue so.

Again, it doesn't MATTER what you think. There goes that self-importance that so many young people seem to have in here. "I think it needs to be done, so it must!"

No one really care about what you are doing. You aren't the first that has tried. I doubt you'll be the last.

Okay, so you claim I'm talking down to you then you turn around and do the same thing. I am pointing your error out to you. Sorry Mr. King of Nothingness, this isn't an argument so you cannot win. This is between you and the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, not some silly debate you can win by slandering and name calling.
Again, you cannot point fingers at someone for doing the SAME thing you are doing to them. That makes you a hypocrite. I am not the one that started this little tirade with you. YOU ARE.

Now, you can choose to actually be mature and stop, or you can go on with you pretend Christianity while you hide behind other aliases making unChristian comments.

Is that it Tulkas? Is this you "Christian" account? Did you make the others so you could act "Un-Christian" without ruining your image as "Tulkas" ? That isn't very honest.

Considering you just had two accounts banned in the past week because of YOUR behavior, you are in NO ROOM to tell ANYONE about their behavior in here.

Got it?

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2004, 03:56 PM

I am not trying to stand up to what you are saying. I was just pointing out your all out hypocrisy. At least I don't create multiple accounts to troll with. You do.
[/b]
No one? There you go again. YOU HAVE NO CLUE. I have to wipe my private messages DAILY because of the support I get from people. That is the ONLY reason I am still here.
[/b]
Heh, there are VERY little Christians that get respect in here. And the ones that do that I have seen are very secular Christians that pick and choose what they want to believe in. Every person that I have seen in here that has admitted they are Christians have been ridiculed.
[/b]
Not hiding behind it. That is exactly what it is. You cannot bring yourself to STOP obsessing about me. That is what a fanboy IS!
[/b]
Again, it doesn't MATTER what you think. There goes that self-importance that so many young people seem to have in here. "I think it needs to be done, so it must!"

No one really care about what you are doing. You aren't the first that has tried. I doubt you'll be the last.

Again, you cannot point fingers at someone for doing the SAME thing you are doing to them. That makes you a hypocrite. I am not the one that started this little tirade with you. YOU ARE.

Now, you can choose to actually be mature and stop, or you can go on with you pretend Christianity while you hide behind other aliases making unChristian comments.

Is that it Tulkas? Is this you "Christian" account? Did you make the others so you could act "Un-Christian" without ruining your image as "Tulkas" ? That isn't very honest.

Considering you just had two accounts banned in the past week because of YOUR behavior, you are in NO ROOM to tell ANYONE about their behavior in here.

Got it? [/B]
I do create multiple accounts, true. I don't troll and I don't use more than one.

Whoever they are they certainly haven't said anything publicly. Heh, maybe you have a fan-club after all.

This is the first time I've confronted you about your behavior. You started this "fan-boy" thing to slander people who disagree with you, plain and simple.

I'm the one who decided to do this publicly. Thats not an opinion its a decision so yes what I think does matter.

Still can't say how I'm being a hypocrite though, can you? Apparently saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it so.. who da thunk it.

You know why you're trying to make it seem I'm "pretending" to be a christian. You KNOW that if I am you are, at least in part, wrong.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I wasn't banned twice ever. You must have confused me with another of the people who disagree with you.

xenu
Senior User
Aug 8, 2004, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by wdlove:
God is the one and only, the creator of us all. Knows the beginning and the end.
Ok, what question did that answer?
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion - Steven Weinberg.

xenu
Senior User
Aug 8, 2004, 04:12 PM

Zimphire,

1. Grow up, and
2. Stop derailing threads.
You came into this thread with the intent of derailing it. The criticism you received was justified.

Mods, please ask him to play nice, or ban him.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion - Steven Weinberg.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 04:13 PM

I do create multiple accounts, true. I don't troll and I don't use more than one.

Then why were a few of those accounts banned recently? You were trolling and acting obnoxious.

Whoever they are they certainly haven't said anything publicly.

Some have. Some are afraid to because they don't want to be harassed by the fanclub.

This is the first time I've confronted you about your behavior.

With THIS account. You have with other accounts.

You started this "fan-boy" thing to slander people who disagree with you, plain and simple.

No, there are plenty of people that disagree with me that I don't call fanboys. Only those that follow me around and make personal comments about me to any posts I make. Or those who go on about me in threads I am not even apart of.

I'm the one who decided to do this publicly. Thats not an opinion its a decision so yes what I think does matter.

The fact you think it matters is indeed an opinion. I am telling you now, it doesn't.
All you are doing is, showing you know how to act like a fanboy.

Still can't say how I'm being a hypocrite though, can you? Apparently saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it so.. who da thunk it.

Still can't say? I've been saying it the past two pages son. You are doing the exact same things you accuse me of.

You know why you're trying to make it seem I'm "pretending" to be a christian. You KNOW that if I am you are, at least in part, wrong.

Oh, I have never said I was perfect, or all knowing. I AM wrong on many occasions. MANY times I don't act Christian like. I've never said otherwise. That is why I said this little tantrum of yours was silly.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I wasn't banned twice ever. You must have confused me with another of the people who disagree with you.
None of your other accounts have been banned?

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 8, 2004, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by xenu:
Zimphire,

1. Grow up, and
2. Stop derailing threads.

xenu I am not the one that started the personal flame feast. You added to it as well. So for you to tell me to grow up is kinda silly.

And you are STILL doing it.

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2004, 04:19 PM

I think this has gone quite far enough. I should have stated my point and let it be.

Oh, and don't call me "son". Regardless of my age I AM a brother in christ, that you have to admit.

Demonhood
Administrator
Aug 8, 2004, 04:23 PM

this thread got annoying real fast.
xenu, check your PMs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules