Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > TV Shows not showing up correctly in iPod's categories

TV Shows not showing up correctly in iPod's categories
MDiddy
Jan 13, 2006, 05:28 PM

I just got the latest 6.0.2 iTunes and discovered that you can now select the TV Shows category for your videos in iTunes. So I switched all my TV Shows that I've encoded into iTunes to that category. I updated my iPod's firmware then synched up and now my TV Shows don't show up in that category on my iPod. Movies & Music Videos are just fine. Anyone else run across this?
"Litter is my most treacherous foe. I would like to eat its children."
-Drederick Tatum

demibob
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2006, 05:35 PM

i think you just have to wait for an update
You can still watch the tv shows on your ipod without having to switch category in itunes right

MDiddy  (op)
Jan 13, 2006, 06:19 PM

Found the answer. Apple screwed up big time on this. http://discussions.apple.com/thread....12626&tstart=0
"Litter is my most treacherous foe. I would like to eat its children."
-Drederick Tatum

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 13, 2006, 06:23 PM

I'll have to say that Apple seems to have really dropped the ball on the latest iPod update.

motionMan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2006, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Icruise
I'll have to say that Apple seems to have really dropped the ball on the latest iPod update.
Just keep in mind iTMS TV shows (actually all iTMS content) use 'Atoms' (tags if you want to call them that) that are not editable in iTunes. Atoms are used for things such as encoder, account name that purched a song/video, some DRM stuff (if I remember correctly), among other things. Atoms are not the same as the ID3 tag type of info that most users are able to set, but they are present in some non-DRM files also.

While the firmware may have a problem (or may not, since it likely DOES work the way APPLE intended) there is a way around it (as usual) though not easy.
PB 15" 1.25GHz, 5G White 30GB iPod, "Yes, it does video"

Forum Links
Forum Rules