Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Identify/locate an old cartoon clip

Identify/locate an old cartoon clip
The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2011, 04:38 PM

Donald, Mickey and Goofy were chilling and enjoying themselves in their posh home, while wearing jewelry that i can't remember in detail. All of a sudden, Mickey yells: the taxman is coming!
Everyone in the house scrambles to hide their sumptuous 1920s accessories and toys. Goofy is in front of a control panel and, after looking at them for a while, pushes one of the buttons.
Donald, as he was trying to put away the china, sees the cabinet rotate away into the wall, revealing a dinghy dirty cabinet. Then it rotates further revealing the fancy cabinet, and Donald tries to put the dishes away, failing repeateadly.
Goofy pushes another button and the fancy dinnertable rotates into the floor, taking mickey away and lifting a depression era food table. As it rotates, Mickey is seen with different clothes as he emerges, mixing poor and rich pants, shirts, hats, etc.
Finally the whole dance finishes, just in time for the auditor entering through the door (which revolved as well). He takes a quick look around, then looks at the 3 residents, winks, and waves goodbye.
Then everyone sighs in relief. With another push of a button, normalcy is returned.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2011, 04:54 PM

I don't know the answer, but in case it helps, the clip you are looking for was probably from ~1934, not the '20s. Tax rates were pretty low in the '20s before being raised significantly in the '30s during the Hoover administration, and in any case Goofy and Donald didn't appear until 1932 and 1934, respectively.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2011, 07:28 PM

I didn't go through the entire list, but perhaps it's one of these.

finboy
Aug 5, 2011, 09:38 PM

It sounds like today that would be a social worker.

Forum Links
Forum Rules