Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Unifier 1.0 - haxie to control Tiger's ''unified'' look (Demetalifizer?)

Unifier 1.0 - haxie to control Tiger's ''unified'' look (Demetalifizer?) (Page 3)
rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2005, 04:18 PM

JESUS FREAKING CHRIST, ZIMPHIRE. CAN WE PLEASE DISCUSS THE PROGRAM?!

Worst mod ever.

Anyway, I have a bug to report. If you use Unifier to unify a brushed metal app, that app's brushed metal windows will still use the shadow that fits that type of window. Look at Safari's download manager for an example. It doesn't look exactly right.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 5, 2005, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose
JESUS FREAKING CHRIST, ZIMPHIRE. CAN WE PLEASE DISCUSS THE PROGRAM?!
I don't know, can you?

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 5, 2005, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zimphire
SS is safer than manually installing themes or using an installer the same way wearing a helmet to use the bathroom is safer than not wearing one.
That's a silly thing to say, and it is becoming trite with the workout it's getting.

"SS is safer than manually installing themes or using an installer" suffices.

Rather than beating a dead horse, you should create a thread to discuss manually adding themes, describe some of the workaround as issues. That would be productive and helpful instead of this childish bickering (and it's not just you Zimp, but you do seem to go out of your way to belabor this view of yours).

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 5, 2005, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Randman
"SS is safer than manually installing themes or using an installer" suffices.
Well you can say it, but it wouldn't be honest.

ArcticBear knows what I am referring to.

And I started a new thread. For some reason, people still keep replying to me in this one....

Not mentioning any names or anything.

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2005, 06:56 PM

Can someone please ban that clueless idiot named "Zimphire"? I'm tired of reading through pages of his FUD when I'm trying to find out about this haxie.

You "can" screw up a system if you use a haxie in combination with a non-haxie program which can result in the other program replacing system resources with the hacked version.

That situation is not caused by the haxie but rather it is a PBCAK (problem between chair and keyboard) issue.
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 5, 2005, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by aristotles
Can someone please ban that clueless idiot named "Zimphire"? I'm tired of reading through pages of his FUD when I'm trying to find out about this haxie.
Oh quit being such a drama queen. No one is making you read through anything.

Put your knee back down.

You should instead complain about the people making personal attacks that derail threads.

Including you.

As a matter of fact, I stopped long ago. It's people like you that is keeping this going with your petty knee-jerks.
You "can" screw up a system if you use a haxie in combination with a non-haxie program which can result in the other program replacing system resources with the hacked version.

That situation is not caused by the haxie but rather it is a PBCAK (problem between chair and keyboard) issue.
Wow, you are a master of the obvious.

You didn't really read the thread did you?

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2005, 10:51 PM

Zimphire... You're pretty cool. I was wrong about you... hey, how about we team up together and rule the world! I think we can do it.

We can start by manually customizing every computer we come in contact to. We can modify files and replace them one by one... oh man, that would be soo great. Who need ShapeShifter anyways when you can spend hours and hours of tedious work on replacing all the little resources for each individual App.... Honestly, I can't think of anything better to do with my time.

It makes me cringe to think of how un-safe and scary it is to use a Haxie such as ShapeShifter. Who needs good looking themes anyway when you can have a half-assed theme.

In fact, I have an idea. Lets download Mac OS 10.1 themes and run those... all these new fangled "Tiger" ready themes are just one big headache. I'm glad you helped my see the light Zimphire. You da man!

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 5, 2005, 11:00 PM

You are going to get this one locked too

Forum Links
Forum Rules