Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > problem with wingnuts 2 on mac mini G4

problem with wingnuts 2 on mac mini G4
monkpea
Forum Regular
Jun 16, 2006, 01:49 PM

Hi,

On launching the demo, I get the screen with do you want to register and so on, then it appears to change to a resolution unsported by my monitor and I get a black screen (monitor light flashing).
I can hear the music and so on and can quit easily with command-Q.
My monitor is a 17" sony multiscan 200sx
max res: 1280 x 1024 @ 65 Hz

Anyone else have this problem?

Any solution?

Pea

rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2006, 09:12 AM

If you hold down command and option immediately after launching the game, you should get a Display Control dialog that will let you change these settings to something compatible.

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2006, 08:42 PM

When I try to launch the demo, i get what looks like a corrupted screen... top half is black, bottom half has some bits of what should be there and the rest of the menu is there, but almost invisible. when i click on the options menu, i can get to a submenu, but then when i try to click on anything there, the screen corrects itself and i can see everything, but clicking doesn't do anything. can't get into the options, play the game, or even quit through the game. gotta cmd+opt+esc to quit the game. kinda sucks, i was looking forward to playing it.

this on a rev. B iMac G5

"I start fires!"

monkpea  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 20, 2006, 04:23 PM

Thanks Mr moose,

That worked!

pea

Forum Links
Forum Rules