Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Is macofalltrades or powermax safe to buy from?

Is macofalltrades or powermax safe to buy from?
Mallrat
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2003, 04:23 AM

Has anyone ever ordered from them?

They have exactly what I want for the price too, but I dont' know anything about them being good or scams.

Any info would be great. thanks.

Again i'm talking about

http://www.macofalltrades.com

http://www.powermax.com/

Thank you.

discotronic
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2003, 11:07 AM

I don't know anything about those 2.

Check out macconnection.com. If you are looking at the iMac they have an 800 15" for $949.00. It is cheaper than what those other 2 places are selling for. The item # is 432783.

Also, check out the Apple Store online. They had reconditioned iMac's on Friday. Just click on the special deals tab on the left hand side.

Mallrat  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2003, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by discotronic:
I don't know anything about those 2.

Check out macconnection.com. If you are looking at the iMac they have an 800 15" for $949.00. It is cheaper than what those other 2 places are selling for. The item # is 432783.

Also, check out the Apple Store online. They had reconditioned iMac's on Friday. Just click on the special deals tab on the left hand side.
Thanks for the info on macconnection. Do other resellers have these special deals hiding like that?

discotronic
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2003, 02:51 PM

I'm not sure of other resellers would have anything hiding around.

The only other place I know of to look is macwarehouse.com. They were running a special a couple weeks ago. I don't think they have anything left though. The thing about these specials are once they are sold out you probably won't get a another chance. The only thing you can do is check. Good luck.

cantcstr8
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2003, 03:06 PM

Actually Mac of All Trades is very good at least as far as my experience goes. I have sold stuff to them as well as bought from them

They were quick and responsive.

Mallrat  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2003, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by cantcstr8:
Actually Mac of All Trades is very good at least as far as my experience goes. I have sold stuff to them as well as bought from them

They were quick and responsive.
that's good to hear. they did respone to my e-mail, while powermax hasn't.

I couldn't find much info on them though, but they have the exact used computer I want for 50 more bucks that the one macconnection has, but the one with macconnection lacks a superdrive.

So for 50 more bucks I would get the SD.

I've used macconnection before and they are very good. I've used macmall and they are good to.

I believe that most of these places are fine, but I'm never sure. I mean as long as the computer comes, after that you dont' need them for anything else.

You can't really return a mac without paying crazy fees, if at all.

I remember compusa being the best. I returned two computers to them costing thousands of dollars and they didn't even blink. They just took it back. But now most places have at least a 10 percent restocking fee.

Forum Links
Forum Rules