Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Timezone invalid if you use Map control panel

Timezone invalid if you use Map control panel
Bobby
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2001, 12:01 AM

After finding the longitude & latitude of my city, I added it to the Map control panel and set it as my default location. Now if I run the Date & Time control panel it tells me my time zone is invalid & requres me to set it to a city in the provided list to work properly.

I live only 50 miles from LA, however because of the incompatibility between the Map control panel & Date & Time, I have no choice but to set my location as LA...

------------------[LIST]
-Bobby
< http://www.torgo.org/ >
</LIST>

DocWest
Senior User
Apr 29, 2001, 07:46 PM

Well in the Date and Time Control Panel, it says set your city to the nearest city in your time zone.
it doesn't matter if that's not where you live. Just as long as the time zone's correct.

The map control panel will be gone soon.
I guess that's the reason why it doesn't get installed in the control panels folder by default.

Bottom line: i wouldn't worry about it. If the time zone's correct, everything's dandy.

-docwest

Bobby  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 2, 2001, 01:57 AM

There are some benefits to using it though. For instance it will tell you the distance between you and other cities. Also for reference purposes its nice to be able to pull it up to be able to easily access my Longitude & Latitude...

------------------[LIST]
-Bobby
< http://www.torgo.org/ >
</LIST>

DocWest
Senior User
May 3, 2001, 02:47 AM

Yeah, but you dont actually need to have it in your control panels folder to do that.
Basically, as a control panel, it's obsolete.

-docwest

Forum Links
Forum Rules