Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Anyone using EyeTV with OS 10.3.8 ?

Anyone using EyeTV with OS 10.3.8 ?
WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2005, 08:25 AM

I've held off updating my PowerBook from 10.3.7 as I've heard there are issues with the EyeTV software (I'm running version 1.7 with an EyeTV 410 unit). Has anyone updated to 10.3.8 and does everything still work?

Thanks in advance.

 iMac Core 2 Duo 17" 2ghz 3gb/250gb ||  iBook G4 12" 1.33ghz 1gb/40gb

Rychiar
Forum Regular
Feb 17, 2005, 08:33 AM

no probs here and i havent heard f any probs, if anything it works better
iMac G5 1.8 ghz 20in. 1.5 gigs RAM, 250 gig Harddrive, Fully Wireless
60 Gig Original Overpriced iPod photo
Power Mac G4 450 768 Megs RAM
5 Gig Original iPod (RIP 12-20-04) :(

namannik
Senior User
Feb 17, 2005, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by WOPR:
I've held off updating my PowerBook from 10.3.7 as I've heard there are issues with the EyeTV software (I'm running version 1.7 with an EyeTV 410 unit). Has anyone updated to 10.3.8 and does everything still work?

Thanks in advance.
I just bought the EyeTV a couple of days ago (since upgrading to 10.3.8). The software seems to work OK for watching/recording/etc., but I had a major problem after I installed it. When I rebooted my computer for the first time after installing the EyeTV software, my iMac would not get past the Apple logo boot screen. Repairing the disk did no good, and my only solution was to reinstall the OS. This problem then happened again, and I reinstalled again for the second time in two days. I have since been using the EyeTV software with no problems, but I have yet to reboot the computer again. I'm afraid to .

edit: I'm running version 1.7, with the EyeTV 200.

Dr D
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2005, 08:06 AM

I've had Eye TV 1.6.3 for a while, using it on my Powerbook, and put it onto the new G5 iMac, running 10.3.7, then upgraded to 10.3.8. No problems at all.

The only problem I have is I can't work out how to send an Eye TV recording from the iMac to the Powerbook (so I can watch it on a train for instance) - other than burning a Quicktime movie on a CD ROM.

WOPR  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 18, 2005, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by Dr D:
I've had Eye TV 1.6.3 for a while, using it on my Powerbook, and put it onto the new G5 iMac, running 10.3.7, then upgraded to 10.3.8. No problems at all.

The only problem I have is I can't work out how to send an Eye TV recording from the iMac to the Powerbook (so I can watch it on a train for instance) - other than burning a Quicktime movie on a CD ROM.
Just choose Export from the file menu and choose a format. For highest quality choose the Toast setting, though the file will be big.

 iMac Core 2 Duo 17" 2ghz 3gb/250gb ||  iBook G4 12" 1.33ghz 1gb/40gb

Rychiar
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2005, 08:20 AM

You can export the file as a quicktime movie just liek your burning a cd, its really simple. then just transfer that to the labtop over the network
iMac G5 1.8 ghz 20in. 1.5 gigs RAM, 250 gig Harddrive, Fully Wireless
60 Gig Original Overpriced iPod photo
Power Mac G4 450 768 Megs RAM
5 Gig Original iPod (RIP 12-20-04) :(

blikum
Feb 19, 2005, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by Dr D:

Or you could go to your /Users/(your home)/library/EyeTV Archive and find the appropriate mpg file and copy it to you P.B. Once it's there you can rename it whatever you want. I do this all the time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules