Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PB being shipped, but.....

PB being shipped, but.....
Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2003, 06:31 PM

I received an email this morning saying my PB has been shipped. It has the shipper's address from IL. Does that mean it will be shipping from there on Monday? That would mean it's not coming from Taiwan.
funny thing, I cheked Airborne website and tracked my order earlier, but now the tracking number is not bringing any info at all. Why is that?
And my acct still has not been charged for the computer. When will my account be charged?

neutrino23
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2003, 07:31 PM

Did you order this direct from Apple?

When you order from Apple they charge your credit card when the item ships.

If it ships from Taiwan the Airborne tracking system does not yield a result till the package clears customs and enters the US.
Happy owner of a new 15" Al PB.

Jbroad572  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2003, 07:50 PM

Yea, I ordered directly from Apple. It shows shipped, maybe they will charge my card once it enters U.S.?

stotan
Oct 4, 2003, 08:13 PM

maybe your getting a free laptop

pptiger
Oct 4, 2003, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by Jbroad572:
I received an email this morning saying my PB has been shipped. It has the shipper's address from IL. Does that mean it will be shipping from there on Monday? That would mean it's not coming from Taiwan.
funny thing, I cheked Airborne website and tracked my order earlier, but now the tracking number is not bringing any info at all. Why is that?
And my acct still has not been charged for the computer. When will my account be charged?
Jbroad572,

You need wait for 2 days for the bill to show up in your account. After you received your second email about invoice number from apple, find the waybill number, then search airborne with that number, you will see how the computer moves from Taiwan to US. After it arrives US, you can then use the tracking number provided by Apple to track it.

Good luck!

Sandbaggins
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 4, 2003, 08:58 PM

Originally posted by pptiger:
Jbroad572,

You need wait for 2 days for the bill to show up in your account. After you received your second email about invoice number from apple, find the waybill number, then search airborne with that number, you will see how the computer moves from Taiwan to US. After it arrives US, you can then use the tracking number provided by Apple to track it.

Good luck!
Good looking out. I tried the waybill # and it worked. Thanks.
15" 1.25/512/80/5400/SD/AE Aluminum Powerbook

pptiger
Oct 4, 2003, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by Sandbaggins:
Good looking out. I tried the waybill # and it worked. Thanks.
Oh, it is MacFreak who told me in another thread. Let's thank him.

Jbroad572  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2003, 09:10 PM

From experience, how long does it normally take from the day it ships from Taiwan? Am I looking at the end of this week or middle of next week?

dcsmrgun
Oct 4, 2003, 10:47 PM

My ship date is on/before 10/6. If Apple charged my card on Thursday (10/2), does this mean the laptop shipped from Taiwan to Chicago? I received no emails from apple stating my order has been shipped. The order still says "open" with the date of 10/6.

What are the odds on this?

Sandbaggins
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 4, 2003, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by dcsmrgun:
My ship date is on/before 10/6. If Apple charged my card on Thursday (10/2), does this mean the laptop shipped from Taiwan to Chicago? I received no emails from apple stating my order has been shipped. The order still says "open" with the date of 10/6.

What are the odds on this?
Until you get the ship email from Apple your PB is still in Taiwan. From my experience.
15" 1.25/512/80/5400/SD/AE Aluminum Powerbook

dcsmrgun
Oct 5, 2003, 02:49 AM

From Apple.com's sales and refund policy:

PAYMENT METHODS
Credit Card
You may pay by credit card no matter which ordering method you use (Internet or phone). At the time your order is placed, Apple obtains a pre-approval from the credit card company for the amount of the order. Credit card billing occurs when your order ships.
So I guess either they need to update this page to reflect a new policy, or this entire new powerbook process has been so FUBAR'd that its completely disconnected from existing policy.

Who wants to guess which one I'm putting money on?

Since I paid some good money for this PowerBook, I think I may ask Apple this exact question. I think we're entitled to some leeway with stupid questions here

Forum Links
Forum Rules