Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Final Cut Extreme?

Final Cut Extreme?
WinsOBoogi
Senior User
Jul 21, 2006, 12:03 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone heard any rumors or buzz about Apple releasing a "Final Cut Extreme"?

Thanks!
- Brad

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2006, 02:42 PM

Yes! It arrive in late 2007 and will only run on Neo OS™, which Apple and Dell are cooperating on to make the new desktop standard.

WinsOBoogi  (op)
Senior User
Jul 21, 2006, 02:54 PM

Excellent. I look forward to it.

I appreciate your sarcasm. It's been most helpful.

SLiMeX
Senior User
Jul 21, 2006, 04:17 PM

Uhhh he's not joking. You should Google the stuff, and read what shows up.
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

loki74
Mac Elite
Jul 21, 2006, 07:52 PM

I heard that FCExtreme was going to basically be FCS with Shake included as a plugin and sell at some ridiculous price... along the lines of 10K+, IIRC. (I could be way off here).

Anyway, the huge ass price that some are predicting is what I find to be far fetched. Including Shake in FCS with a lower price, however, would be consisted with Apple's recent strategy regarding this software: combine and cut.

Really at this point its pretty much all rumor and speculation. The only things I can say with near-absolute certainty is that Shake is being phased out, and that something big is going to happen soon, with regards to Apple's pro video software.

In the meantime, the $499 pricetag on Shake is a good opportunity to get your hands on the cutting edge for a pittance of a price. Shake experience will certainly be useful in whatever's replacing it--Apple knows how much professionals love Shake, and as such I am fairly certain that Apple's next-gen compositing software won't be that different from Shake. ...so my feeling is, we should take advantage of the deal while it lasts.

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

Forum Links
Forum Rules