Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Parallels, XP, and Non-Functioning Internet

Parallels, XP, and Non-Functioning Internet
NormPhillips
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 27, 2009, 07:21 PM

After going through hours of installing Parallels, SAS, Microsoft Office, updates, etc. the internet (on the Windows side) has stopped working. It happened right after rebooting my computer (the FULL (Mac) environment) after updating the Parallels Internet Security database.

Furthermore, I've noticed that I've started to receive the following message whenever I try to boot up my virtual machine, "[o]ne or more kernel components loaded on your Mac are for another version of Parallels Desktop. If you start the virtual machine now, it may work incorrectly. To solve this problem, restart your Mac. If the problem persists, reinstall Parallels Desktop."

I'm running Mac OS X v. 10.5.7 on a 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM, Windows XP SP3 via Parallels 4.0.3844.

Someone please help. Thank you in advance for any provided.

NormPhillips  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2009, 10:05 AM

Okay guys, it's fixed.

On the Parallels forums, someone supplied me with this link that fixed the problem.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/6317

I hope this helps anyone else who encounters a similar problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules