Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Transfer of aol filing cabinet (pfc)

Transfer of aol filing cabinet (pfc)
MikRobOS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 15, 2009, 07:57 PM

I have a new imac with system 10.5.6. I have installed aol for system 10, and it is working properly.

I would like to transfer the contents of my aol personal filing cabinet, containing email history, from my old imac to the new.

My old imac has a g3 processor and is running system 10.3.9.

How do i proceed?

Thanks,

mike

Doc Juansinn
Senior User
Apr 19, 2009, 04:01 AM

It's been awhile since I used AOL, but I think you can copy over the America Online folder which is inside the Shared folder inside the Users folder. If you have a fresh install of AOL on the new iMac and you try to copy your older folder to this location, you'll receive a system message that a newer folder of the same name already exists at this location. If you click to confirm that you want to replace the newer folder with the older one, anything you've done with the newer one will be lost. Be sure you don't have any new AOL mail or bookmarks that you want to keep.

Oh, you'll also need to copy over the America Online folder in your user's preference folder. I think the two of those folders will do it.
( Last edited by Doc Juansinn; Apr 19, 2009 at 05:00 AM. )

MikRobOS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2009, 07:47 PM

Thank Dr. Wahnsinn:

It worked fine!

MikRobOS

Forum Links
Forum Rules