Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Urine stream

Urine stream
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 13, 2010, 12:26 AM

I know this is kind of gross and immature, but I've been wondering this for a long time and I gotta ask anonymously to all the guys out there...

I happen to think that I have a freaky big bladder and awesome plumbing. I sometimes notice how long I can pee compared to people in the urinal next to me, and when I really have to pee, I always outlast people. This morning I went 22 seconds, and that wasn't even my best.

Then again, I might not have an accurate frame of reference, so I'm wondering, how many seconds can you keep your urine stream going?

tightsocks
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 13, 2010, 01:31 AM

Apparently, you are not the only person to think about this topic...

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Urigro

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Dec 13, 2010, 01:51 AM

I’ve gone way longer than 22 seconds before. I have a lot in the morning if I slept really well.

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 13, 2010, 02:12 AM

I filled up a bucket (with water) and let it drain into the toilet through a tube, which sounded exactly like pee.

No one in the other room had noticed after two minutes, so it ended up being a lot of effort for no payoff.

Kinda like this post.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Dec 13, 2010, 04:03 AM

I once topped a minute.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 13, 2010, 04:20 AM

^ prostate trouble?

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 13, 2010, 07:29 AM

Prostate trouble causes "stream" to become "trickle."

Capacity is variable, even in a single person. It depends on a lot of factors-for example if I'm busy, I don't notice my bladder getting "fuller" until I'm not busy, but if I'm just sitting around I may notice I need to go "just a bit," with a really small volume triggering the urge. Practice waiting until you "really, really" need to empty your bladder can increase your capacity over time, too.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Doc Juansinn
Senior User
Dec 13, 2010, 09:45 AM

Two urine threads this month. This place just ain't what it used to be.

Developing a habit of holding in one's urine as long as possible is, over time, not particularly beneficial. Possible increased risk of kidney stones, increased pressure on the prostate (causing it to enlarge), the possibility of the kidneys being unable to empty (because the bladder is full), and even urine backing up into the kidneys. So, you macho pissers, do what you like, just be aware of the risks.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 13, 2010, 10:38 AM

Talk about misplaced priorities. Much more important than your urine capacity is your urinal IQ.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Forum Links
Forum Rules