Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > local host switchs to wrong ip

local host switchs to wrong ip
jay3ld
Senior User
Jul 2, 2005, 03:49 PM

ok when i type localhost into the url box it loads mysite but when i type localhost/phpmyadmin it switchs over to my full ip address. But my ip has changed and now its still trying to load the old ip address. i dont know whats wrong and would love it if i can be told how to fix it so it changes it to the right ip. i already looked in phpmyadmin config files but i dont see nothing containing my old ip or link to it at all.

Chris O'Brien
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2005, 08:43 AM

What's in /etc/hosts?
Just who are Britain? What do they? Who is them? And why?

Formerly Black Book

jay3ld  (op)
Senior User
Jul 4, 2005, 12:20 PM

etc/hosts
Code:
## # Host Database # # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry. ## 127.0.0.1 localhost 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost ::1 localhost

Forum Links
Forum Rules