Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Loz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2001, 01:44 AM

I just downloaded the "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" trailer from Apple, in which they are apparently surfing the internet on what looks like a 22" Cimema display (although it could be a 17").

Love these guys films (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma) although they can be a little on the crass and offensive side (especially for the religious typres). Probably deserves its "R" rating.
Ignorance is not an excuse, it's the real thing!

murbot
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 26, 2001, 11:43 AM

<STRONG>...although they can be a little on the crass and offensive side (especially for the religious types). Probably deserves its "R" rating. </STRONG>
What the ****? It's hateful sonsabitches like you that are ruining Jay & Bob's good name! We've got to ****ing stop you ****ing guys!

Nimisys
Banned
Jul 27, 2001, 03:40 AM

dogma kicked ass... all religous types should see it... if the language is too strong then watch the airline version. but damn that movie must be seen

jeffhot
Senior User
Jul 27, 2001, 01:23 PM

Hey, you better watch your mouth when you talk about Jay, man. He is definately among my top 3 favorite movie characters of all time. What a guy! And he's not crass or foul mouthed, he just gets to the point!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 28, 2001, 01:52 PM

This has been the only movie to come out lately that I actually want to see the first day it comes out.

P.S. Dogma is among my top 5 movies of all time....just got it on DVD recently, now Im a happy boy

Loz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2001, 08:06 PM

Hey guys take a chill pill!!!!!!! I like these guys just as much (if not more) than most of you (do any of you have a copy of the script for Dogma??? I think not ).

I also own the DVD of Dogma and used to have Clerks (until some lowlife scum stole it with my bag!! GGRRRR!!!) and thought Chasing Amy was awesome (liked Mallrats just not as much). All I was trying to say was "Yes, viewaskew productions are all good, BUT, some people may take offence to there harsh language and humour and should take this into consideration before spending there hard earned on a ticket to opening night only to walk out 20 Mins into it".

I recommend to all my friends that Dogma is mandatory viewing but I wouldn't go selling copies of it at a Sunday Service.

Snoogans!!!
Ignorance is not an excuse, it's the real thing!

finboy
Jul 30, 2001, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by murbot:
<STRONG>

What the ****? It's hateful sonsabitches like you that are ruining Jay & Bob's good name! We've got to ****ing stop you ****ing guys!

</STRONG>
Nope, I saw the trailer on the big screen the other night, and J & S.B. are ruining THEIR OWN franchise. This film looks like the biggest P.O.S. since Clerks and/or Mallrats. What a couple of losers [the movies].

[edited for clarity]

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: finboy ]

maddog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2001, 06:30 PM

This film looks like the biggest P.O.S. since Clerks and/or Mallrats. What a couple of losers.
If you are not a fan of that type of movie (you either are, or you aren't) that's fine. No need for the insults finboy, that just makes you look like the loser.

finboy
Jul 31, 2001, 11:42 AM

Maddog:
Sorry about that. I tried to edit to clarify (I thought the movies were losers, not anyone involved).

I also regret that I don't like those movies. I've tried, but I keep reading all the posts at movie sites where folks talk about how great they are. If folks think THOSE films are great, then they'll have strokes when they see some real movies. I'm expressing my frustration with the lack of appreciation for real talent in moviemaking, I guess. I'm tired of the idea that if it's older than 10 years, it's crap.

So, I'll get around to giving J & S.B. another chance. But the trailer made the film look like nothing but a cameo vehicle, and I hate those.

maddog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2001, 03:57 PM

No sweat finboy. That is the thing with those movies, you either love them or hate them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules