Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > Sex in the City

Sex in the City
Rocke Woelk
Jun 11, 2000, 09:41 PM

Hey, what's with tonight's "Sex in the City?" The PowerBook has always played a prominent role in this witty series. Tonight's episode
*started* no differently with a G3 PowerBook's white apple logo luminescing away, but *ended* with what looked like a round of black tape covering same. Has Ms.Parker or the show's producers had a change of heart?

tonymac
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 11, 2000, 11:36 PM

I noticed that as well. The strange thing was that in the scene immediately following, there's a newspaper ad with an iBook prominently displayed. Does anybody know the reason??

tonymac
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 13, 2000, 11:21 PM

To follow up on this, my wife informed me that on Drew Carey this evening, the iBook had a circular patch over the Apple logo. Does anyone know what's going on here??

MacOS761
Senior User
Jun 14, 2000, 04:03 PM

Like they're going to fool anybody - "Oh, that colorful laptop must not be an Apple product!"
<a href="http://www.macronyms.com" target="_blank"> </a>
kelsevinal: i am impervious to your "nerd" attacks

PCTek
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2000, 05:52 PM

No, it's free publicity for Apple, and competitors dont like that.

Fernando8
Jun 16, 2000, 12:17 PM

The scene required a fade-to-black-to new scene. How are they going to accomplish that with a big bright apple logo in the middle of the screen! Besides, earlier in the episode Carrie's Powerbook had no tape over the logo.

Rocke Woelk  (op)
Jun 16, 2000, 01:28 PM

Hmmmmm.... Interesting concept. I would have thought that technology exist on a high end television production to accomplish a "fade to black" without resorting to such a low tech solution as a physical covering of the luminescing Apple logo. I'm certainly no video guy, so I wouldn't know, but I would be most interested from those that are, if this is a likely explanation.

Would anybody in the know care to comment?

Many thanks...

Rock

[This message has been edited by Rocke Woelk (edited 06-19-2000).]

ilovelime
Jun 20, 2000, 03:43 AM

In the episode aired here in Australia last night they didn't show the apple logo on her power book. I don't know if it is the same episode or not but each time the computer came in to view the wouldn't show the front of it. They have showed the logo very well up until now so I don't know what is going on.

camera punk
Forum Regular
Jun 26, 2000, 02:50 PM

If anyone caught it last night, Charlotte had an iBook at her gallery.

Forum Links
Forum Rules