Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > STM backpacks

STM backpacks
canadian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2007, 07:53 PM

I am looking at purchasing a STM backpack for my 13" macbook. I was looking at either the sphere or the evolution.

For those who have them, or have experience with them, is there enough room for a sleeve and the macbook in the compartment, or is there only room for the MB?

Also looked at the Brenthaven expandable trek backpack. Any experience with this pack?

All three packs say they fit up to a 15.4 laptop, does this mean the MB will slide around a lot?

Thanks in advance

funkyjudge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 28, 2007, 03:21 PM

Check out my post on the 'Macbook 13: Bags!' thread.

I have the Sphere. Basically, if you put the Macbook in the middle compartment like they suggest, it is very tight on the top corners when you zip it up, even without a sleeve. I put the Macbook plus sleeve in the rear compartment. Plenty of room even with some magazines/papers. I use the backpack for day trips mostly and the middle compartment is free for things like clothes/toiletries etc. The front compartment for phone/camera/mp3 player etc.
Refurbished MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo - Black
1GB memory, 80GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive

canadian  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2007, 01:53 AM

Thanks, I remember reading your post on the sphere.

Anyone comment about the brenthaven or evolution?

Forum Links
Forum Rules