Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Empire At War

Empire At War
Rumor
Jun 25, 2008, 09:44 PM

Just picked it up the other day and have finally had a chance to run through the tutorial. Now I am starting the campaign. Runs like a champ with everything turned on high, then again, it is a year or so old.

Anyone try or are playing this? Thoughts?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

admo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 26, 2008, 02:16 PM

I downloaded the demo, which allows you to play through part or all of the tutorial (can't quite remember). I agree, it played great. However, I can't see spending $50 on it when it is available for the PC at about $20. Yet I would like to play it on the mac side rather than through boot camp (which I already do enough of for Team Fortress and Civ 4). I loved calling in the Empire bombers on the last tutorial mission. I do want to get it, but right now I am debating if saving $30 is worth rebooting into windows. I am leaning towards yes.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2008, 10:56 PM

I play it on the old PC. It's pretty awesome, although not content heavy for hardcore Star Wars fans like me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules