Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > What's w all the conspiracy theories this election season? SHHH, THEY CAN HEAR US

What's w all the conspiracy theories this election season? SHHH, THEY CAN HEAR US (Page 2)
BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2016, 09:32 AM

Virginias corrupt (and ALSO UNDER SEVERAL FBI INVESTIGATIONS) Gov. Terry McAwful spent fall pardoning a bunch of felons... NOW THIS.

Bombshell: Over 1,000 Illegal Voters in Eight Virginia Localities | LifeZette

So, all this time the reality is it was a VAST LEFT-WING CONSPIRACY that has been at work for a few decades. So Hillary, true to form is claiming it was a "Vast Right-wing Conspiracy" when she was part of the real conspiracy.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2016, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Virginias corrupt (and ALSO UNDER SEVERAL FBI INVESTIGATIONS) Gov. Terry McAwful spent fall pardoning a bunch of felons... NOW THIS.

Bombshell: Over 1,000 Illegal Voters in Eight Virginia Localities | LifeZette

So, all this time the reality is it was a VAST LEFT-WING CONSPIRACY that has been at work for a few decades. So Hillary, true to form is claiming it was a "Vast Right-wing Conspiracy" when she was part of the real conspiracy.
So I actually took the time read this blog article and the "study" it referenced. I won't bother delving into the details because we all know that's not your thing. But it all comes down to a relatively small number of non-citizens being registered to vote. Which then begs the question ... you are aware that voter registration is a matter of federal law right? It is certainly true that in order to register to vote one must "affirm" (aka "attest to") under penalty of perjury ... not "prove" ... one's citizenship.

The application also must include a statement that specifies each eligibility requirement (including citizenship), contain an attestation that the applicant meets each such requirement and require the signature of the applicant under penalty of perjury. The mail application must also include a statement of the penalties provided by law for submission of a false voter registration application.
Now whether or not federal law should require "affirmation" or "proof" of citizenship is the topic for another thread. We can delve into the pros and cons of either approach if someone would like to start one with that topic. This thread is about "conspiracy theories". And you just claimed that this situation is the result of some "vast left-wing conspiracy". But here are the facts ...

1. The National Voter Registration Act was passed by a Democrat controlled Congress (which included a non-filibuster proof Senate) and signed into law by President Bill Clinton in 1993.

2. President George W. Bush had a Republican controlled Congress the first six out of his eight years in office. Yet the GOP never repealed the NVRA. Instead, they passed the Help America Vote Act of 2002 which required a drivers license number or the last 4 digits of a social security number on all voter registration applications. It also required the Social Security Administration to provide voter registration list verification services to all state DMV's. Other pieces of legislation were introduced to require a valid full social security number, photo ID, and/or proof of citizenship in order to register to vote during this same time frame. Yet NONE of them even made it out of committee.

3. During President Barack Obama's first two years in office which was the only time he had a Democrat controlled Congress there was no major legislation passed that significantly loosenes voting restrictions with the exception of the Military and Overseas Empowerment (MOVE) Act which eliminated notarization requirements and other restrictions on absentee ballots cast by military personnel stationed out of the country. And during the remainder of Obama's term when the Reublicans controlled the Congress they were too busy trying to repeal Obamacare to concern themselves with voter registration requirements.

So given all that do you at all recognize that you have no basis upon which to make a credible claim that the current lack of "proof of citizenship" requirement for voter registration is some sort of "vast left-wing conspiracy?

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 5, 2016 at 02:23 PM. )

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2016, 03:37 PM

I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2016, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Now this is a fair point. Obama made some tweaks to Bush's wiretapping programs but largely left the substance of them intact ...

The Obameter: Revise the Patriot Act to increase oversight on government surveillance | PolitiFact

But as for media coverage, one could argue that after the furor over the Snowden leaks had subsided and the reforms were enacted the story was simply "old news".

OAW
Bush got torn a new asshole, was murdered in the mid-terms, and then once the Democrats took over, they institute reforms worse than those proposed when the Republicans were in power. Democrats get a day's worth of editorials scolding them.

Obama promises to reform the Patriot Act, but keeps it as-is, twice. Asshole remains intact.

Snowden leaks drop. The NSA gets torn a new asshole, not the executive who let it happen over the last five years. Congress enacted reforms which did nothing, and it's now "old news".

Here's my other go-to when it comes to media bias, though not a strict Democrat-Republican thing. Sexual abuse in public schools happens at the same rate as in the Catholic Church. Are these disproportionately represented in the media?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2016, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Bush got torn a new asshole, was murdered in the mid-terms, and then once the Democrats took over, they institute reforms worse than those proposed when the Republicans were in power. Democrats get a day's worth of editorials scolding them.

Obama promises to reform the Patriot Act, but keeps it as-is, twice. Asshole remains intact.

Snowden leaks drop. The NSA gets torn a new asshole, not the executive who let it happen over the last five years. Congress enacted reforms which did nothing, and it's now "old news".

Here's my other go-to when it comes to media bias, though not a strict Democrat-Republican thing. Sexual abuse in public schools happens at the same rate as in the Catholic Church. Are these disproportionately represented in the media?
Actually, the rate of abuse is nearly 100:1 higher in public schools.
http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research...iew/report.pdf
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2016, 02:23 PM

That's a good source for school rates. Where is the Church data?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2016, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
That's a good source for school rates. Where is the Church data?
http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-acti...-1950-2002.pdf
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2016, 02:45 PM

First off, thank you for both links.

I had tried to find the data myself, and came across the same paper on Church data.

I wasn't able to find it in there, though it's a 300 page paper, so I obviously may of missed something.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 6, 2016, 10:16 PM

I see now people are in disbelief hundreds of email could have been classified as duplicates in the past week.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2016, 03:07 AM

The Podesta ping pong pizza pedophile conspiracy is pretty epic.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2016, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I see now people are in disbelief hundreds of email could have been classified as duplicates in the past week.
Don't you love all the dorks claiming that it is impossible for computers to determine that files are duplicates in this timespan?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2016, 09:16 AM

Regardless if they are duplicates or not, why hasn't Huma been charged with lying to the FBI when she attested she turned over everything? Why was Consuelo allowed to handle classified documents and why hasn't she been charged? BTW neither has a security clearance.

No No, Mr Hillary no here.

Clinton directed her maid to print out classified materials | New York Post

45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2016, 02:19 PM

Pretty sure Huma has clearance.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2016, 10:09 AM

Ping pong guy is like "whew... that was a close one".

andi*pandi
Nov 9, 2016, 12:14 PM

So I guess we can lay to rest the theory that this was all cooked up by Trump and Clinton as a bet/joke and that he would run a wackadoo campaign to make it obvious she was the better choice...

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2016, 12:52 PM

I've been enjoying all the Democrats crying as they watch the numbers tank for Hillary. The MSM all look like deer in the headlights. THIS IS GREAT! the little snowflakes who can't concentrate on their mid-terms are getting a pass so they can hide in their safe spaces...and cry. Riots in CA? I guess being an emotion driven stooge with a problem of immaturity can cause such things.

andi*pandi
Nov 9, 2016, 01:12 PM

Yes, you're right BadKosh, we should come together now as a country and move forward together! Let's put this behind us and make America Great Again! Where's my hat?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2016, 01:40 PM

A lot of messed up stuff needs to be fixed or repealed. Obamas priorities were upside down. I sure hope Trump is honest with us as to what IS going on. President LIAR got real old real fast with his BS.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 9, 2016, 04:42 PM

Obamas priorities were upside down. I sure hope Trump is honest with us as to what IS going on.
What are you referring to?

andi*pandi
Nov 9, 2016, 04:51 PM

Trump, honest. Heh. You are adorable.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 9, 2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Trump, honest. Heh. You are adorable.
The man was too afraid to release his taxes. He wasn't even honest about his business bonafides. And before anyone says it, Nixon did under audit. And Trump never provided proof he was under audit.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2016, 04:44 PM

I'm willing to say that I believe Trump's people leaked those old tax returns themselves, to get them out there but also shift the conversation to how they were obtained.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2016, 11:12 AM

andi*pandi
Nov 15, 2016, 12:13 PM

I've heard first hand accounts from people I consider family and trustworthy. They are scared of Trump supporters' threats and violence.

Um, I mean, bring on the reverse propaganda!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 15, 2016, 12:46 PM

Social media = BS
Unless you're measuring the likes Trump got on facebook.

I know who I'm dealing with here, but how is it that all those terrible things liberals do seem to be true but all those horrible things Trump supporters do are all fake?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2016, 02:00 PM

Never said they were ALL fake. With Clinton its just ramped up a couple of million times.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2016, 07:12 PM

I've heard first hand accounts from people I consider family and trustworthy. They are scared of Trump supporters' threats and violence.
Threats and violence isn't coming from the Right. That fact they fear something that isn't happening, while ignoring what their own side is doing, only shows how indoctrinated they've become.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2016, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
how is it that all those terrible things liberals do seem to be true but all those horrible things Trump supporters do are all fake?
No one has said they're all fake, but most are fabricated right now and people in the Center and Right know it, despite the media's best efforts.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2016, 10:03 PM

I've seen at least one report where a story about liberal rioters used a photo from 2012. I don't think it was even taken in the US. Maybe Libya.
So all the reports of liberal riots must therefore be fake because liberals know it.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2016, 07:58 AM

Except the idiot high school snowflakes continue to cut class and throw their immature little temper tantrums. SOROS agitators are involved in the Maryland and DC incidents, but the Marylanders are pretty much fully indoctrinated and pretty naive to boot. So they are falling for all of it. It isn't Trump supporters spray painting and defacing Gov't buildings, its out of town Soros operatives.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2016, 10:53 AM

andi*pandi
Nov 16, 2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Threats and violence isn't coming from the Right. That fact they fear something that isn't happening, while ignoring what their own side is doing, only shows how indoctrinated they've become.
Seriously? You think it's liberals pulling off hajibs and mugging people while spouting TRUMP? Liberals walking up to a black woman and asking her where she lives, she can't live around here because there's no ghettos? Liberals flying the confederate flag driving through black neighborhoods?

d

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2016, 01:24 PM

Except the Democrats have a track record of trashing someplace to look like the opposition did it.
Look at all the Trump posters the asshole liberal stooges took off other people lawn.
Right now it looks like a re-run of 2000 and SORE-LOSERMAN.

The MSM is still whining and throwing out the worn out race card. SOROS and his agitators are still at work too, until someone beats the crap out of a few of them.

andi*pandi
Nov 16, 2016, 02:31 PM

I'm telling you I have first hand personal accounts from people I trust. They are not on the payroll of Soros or whatever paranoid theory your favorite blog is posting.

Real people.

A lot of folks on social media are posting links about how we all live in bubbles. I admit I have a bubble, where only a few high school friends are Trump supporters. I tend to ignore them not interact with them where we differ. I'm seeing articles on how we need to break out of our bubbles and interact with folks on the other side.

Badkosh, how many Hilary supporters do you actually know and maintain positive relationships with?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2016, 02:56 PM

NONE.. I find them loud, stupid, repeating fiction they 'heard somewhere' to others just as stupid, so after a few days NONE of them knew anything factual. I see the snowflakes, crying because Hillary didn't win who can't even vote, but are out making fools of themselves, and who can't answer simple questions about government, laws etc. Most are only able to babble their way through a conversation. Social media is a trap of the less than smart. It make the user almost unable to communicate.

Things were a LOT different during Watergate, where I first started closely following politics.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2016, 03:02 PM

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 16, 2016, 03:33 PM

NONE.. I find them loud, stupid, repeating fiction they 'heard somewhere' to others just as stupid, so after a few days NONE of them knew anything factual. I see the snowflakes, crying because Hillary didn't win who can't even vote, but are out making fools of themselves, and who can't answer simple questions about government, laws etc. Most are only able to babble their way through a conversation. Social media is a trap of the less than smart. It make the user almost unable to communicate.
But reading Infowars, spouting conspiracy theories and calling anyone you don't like a LIAR in all caps is a sure sign of extraordinary intellect.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2016, 03:38 PM

Seriously? You think it's liberals pulling off hajibs and mugging people while spouting TRUMP? Liberals walking up to a black woman and asking her where she lives, she can't live around here because there's no ghettos? Liberals flying the confederate flag driving through black neighborhoods?

d
Even more data ....

Between Wednesday, November 9, the day after the presidential election, and the morning of Monday, November 14, the Southern Poverty Law Center collected 437 reports of hateful intimidation and harassment.

The following reports were collected through news reports, social media, and direct submissions via SPLC's #ReportHate page. These incidents, aside from news reports, are largely anecdotal. The SPLC did follow up with a majority of user submissions in an effort to confirm reports. As we reported earlier, many incidents involved direct references to the Trump campaign and its slogans.

Here's the overview:

Update: More Than 400 Incidents of Hateful Harassment and Intimidation Since the Election | Southern Poverty Law Center

Just a few incidents in my neck of the woods in STL from the last few days alone ...

'Trump' scratched into side of Indian-American family's car in Town and Country | Metro | stltoday.com

Emotions pour out at Ladue School Board meeting after racial incidents | Education | stltoday.com

Two Ladue students discliplined after chanting 'Trump,' saying black students belong in back of bus | Education | stltoday.com

To suggest that racists, misogynists, and islamophobes haven't been emboldened by Trump's election is willful blindness to say the least.

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 16, 2016, 05:04 PM

This is just another symptom of facts being impossible to agree upon. Opposition is deligitimized as funded outrage; bad actors in ones own party are plants. Your worldview is now universal and virtuous. Long live the king.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 17, 2016, 01:03 AM

Is it even conceivably possible that someone could establish a news outlet that both sides considered impartial in the current climate? Or would they write it off at the publication of the first story that was pro the other side or anti theirs?

OreoCookie
Nov 17, 2016, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Is it even conceivably possible that someone could establish a news outlet that both sides considered impartial in the current climate? Or would they write it off at the publication of the first story that was pro the other side or anti theirs?
If your only criterion for trust in a news organization is to the degree to which they agree (or disagree) with you, then yes, it'd be very, very hard. (Fox News has received a lot of blowback from conservatives because of it being critical towards Trump.) But nevertheless, it is crucial that we try.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2016, 07:40 AM

Things were a LOT different during Watergate, where I first started closely following politics.
You have to take into consideration many of the members here were not born when Watergate happened. Some were still in diapers during the time the Clintons were in the WH.
45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 17, 2016, 07:52 AM

But reading Infowars, spouting conspiracy theories and calling anyone you don't like a LIAR in all caps is a sure sign of extraordinary intellect.
Sorry. AGAIN you assume you know what other people are thinking. YOU CAN'T! I may link to an InfoWars item but I don't go there to read anything. Quit projecting. You still didn't respond to what I wrote. Didn't grasp any of it through that liberal stooge filter?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 17, 2016, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
You have to take into consideration many of the members here were not born when Watergate happened. Some were still in diapers during the time the Clintons were in the WH.
Seems several here are still wearing diapers.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 17, 2016, 01:12 PM

Sorry. AGAIN you assume you know what other people are thinking. YOU CAN'T! I may link to an InfoWars item but I don't go there to read anything. Quit projecting. You still didn't respond to what I wrote. Didn't grasp any of it through that liberal stooge filter?

So you're posting links to articles you didn't even read but that reinforce your points?

100% Conservative bias? Check
99% Paranoid and delusional tin foil hat crazy? Check
100% Bullshit? Check

Sounds like Infowars to me. Maybe you don't have to actually read it? Maybe you work there? Or maybe you're getting me on a technicality because you listen to it?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 17, 2016, 02:30 PM

NONE of the above. keep ASSuming. Keep blatering your opinions as if they are facts.. That is SOP for LibStooges. Keep reading that propaganda you assume is 'news'.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2016, 03:36 PM

So you're posting links to articles you didn't even read but that reinforce your points?
Speaks volumes doesn't it.

OAW

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 17, 2016, 05:36 PM

I may link to an InfoWars item but I don't go there to read anything.
Hate to pile on here, but

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 17, 2016, 08:16 PM

NONE of the above. keep ASSuming. Keep blatering your opinions as if they are facts.. That is SOP for LibStooges. Keep reading that propaganda you assume is 'news'.
Again with the horrible double standards. You're like a guy standing outside a bank wearing a black and white striped top, a mask and holding a large bag with "swag" or "$" written on it pointing at a police officer and yelling "Thief!". How you manage it without a hint of irony is beyond me.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2016, 02:38 AM

Just thought I'd toss in there's a semantic distinction between "read the article I posted" and "read the site" which is getting lost in this discussion.

Forum Links
Forum Rules