Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Anyone mount their iMac G5 to wall?

Anyone mount their iMac G5 to wall?
blindemboss
Forum Regular
Nov 27, 2004, 02:25 PM

I remember the VESA mount as a bonus feature when the iMac G5 was unveiled. But to this date, I haven't heard much in terms of people actually mounting their iMac on the wall.

Has anyone done this? Would love to see pics of this set up too!

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 27, 2004, 04:39 PM

Nobody's done it because Apple hasn't shipped the iMac VESA adapter yet. According to the Apple Store online, it'll ship mid-December.

tooki

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2004, 01:04 AM

Isnt Vesa a 'standard' type fitting though? I have a Sony LCD TV, that is Vesa compliant. So I thought the idea was that any Vesa bracket/fixing will work?

While im here, obviously a G5 iMac cant go flat against a wall though, and it has ventilation slots back there.. But an inch or 2 away from the wall would be fine.
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 28, 2004, 11:25 AM

Correct, VESA is a standard mount. The iMac does not have a VESA mount on the back. It only has a mount for the foot that it comes with. The iMac VESA Adapter replaces the foot with a VESA-compatible mounting plate, to which you then attach a VESA-compatible stand/arm/mount of your choice.

tooki

Thilo Ettelt
Senior User
Nov 28, 2004, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by tooki:
Correct, VESA is a standard mount. The iMac does not have a VESA mount on the back. It only has a mount for the foot that it comes with. The iMac VESA Adapter replaces the foot with a VESA-compatible mounting plate, to which you then attach a VESA-compatible stand/arm/mount of your choice.

tooki
I wonder who will be the first to put iMacs into his walls. Must be quite cool.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2004, 03:45 PM

As soon as the adapter ships, I think I'll purchase a new iMac and mount it to the wall with the bluetooth option. That will be hot.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 28, 2004, 04:26 PM

I have a customer with a VESA mount on order. I'll see if I can get pics once he's got it set up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules