Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Putting Computer to Sleep with OS 9

Putting Computer to Sleep with OS 9
Ignatius
Oct 23, 1999, 03:54 PM

I just received my copy of OS 9 today and installed it with little problems (except for Norton Antivirus 5 and Norton Utilities 4). My only complaint is that when I put my computer to sleep it does not wake when I press a key or the power button on the keyboard. Has anyone had the same problem? What should I do?

jmahoney
Oct 24, 1999, 10:07 AM

Do have the same problem. Don't know a solution.

I'm using a BW G3 400 and sleeping was never a problem on this machine before O/S 9. I have too many things to try to troubleshoot them all. Until a cure is found I'll turn my monitor off

Ignatius
Oct 24, 1999, 11:02 AM

I should have mentioned that this problem only occurs on my B&W G3. I installed OS 9 on my PB 1400cs last night and it does not happen!

zac4mac
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 1999, 11:46 AM

just tried it on my 8500/233(604e). goes to sleep fine and wakes up with the spacebar

zensmile
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 25, 1999, 07:00 PM

I have the same problem...sort of...

I put my powerbook 3400c to sleep, and when it wakes up...it has a system bomb and crashes hard! I am using multiple accounts on my system. Any ideas?

BTW...it crashes with a type 41 error. Yummmm!

------------------

[This message has been edited by zensmile (edited 10-25-1999).]

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 1999, 09:26 PM

Zen Try using techTool Pro or Norton. I ran Techtool Pro 2.5.1 on my Upgraded 7500 running Mac OS 9. It didn't log out when I hit Command-Q but after Running Techtool Pro 2.5.1 it works now. You could try that and see if it fixes it. I always run Techtool after I install a New version of the OS. I contacted Micromat support and the respose I got is posted in the Forum under the Techtool Pro and Mac OS 9 If anyone would like the response sent to them Let me know and I can foreward you the response to you.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Forum Links
Forum Rules