Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Question for Canadian ADC Students

Question for Canadian ADC Students
James L
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2003, 08:36 PM

If anyone has purchased the new 1.25 GHZ 15" Powerbook with the ADC pricing structure, how much did it cost?

I have gone online and found the U.S. ADC prices, then converted them to Canadian $$$, but it may not necessarily be a straight conversion.

...just curious.

Cheers!

mattcass
Oct 15, 2003, 08:41 PM

You are talking Academic DisCount right? apple.ca has the store set up for students. List price on the Al 15" is $3249.

jgcan
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2003, 08:48 PM

There is now a Hardware Canadian Store for ADC (since today). Go to the address below tomorrow and you will get all the prices you want (clic on ADC Select Member Store, you can access the website right now but the prices will just get ready tomorrow or later tonight).

http://developer.apple.com/membership/canada.html

But the price on the last list for the 15" 1.25 was 3033$CAN.
( Last edited by jgcan; Oct 15, 2003 at 08:59 PM. )

James L  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2003, 09:51 PM

Hey mattcass,

No, I am talking people who are student ADC members. They receive a one time purchase of a machine at a significant developer discount (usually about 20%).

jgcan,

Thanks for the info.

stotan
Oct 18, 2003, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by jgcan:
There is now a Hardware Canadian Store for ADC (since today). Go to the address below tomorrow and you will get all the prices you want (clic on ADC Select Member Store, you can access the website right now but the prices will just get ready tomorrow or later tonight).

http://developer.apple.com/membership/canada.html

But the price on the last list for the 15" 1.25 was 3033$CAN.
Looks like there is something wrong with the prices in the select store... there is no discount at all.

Good thing i ordered mine before they switched from using emj to having it online

hadocon
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2003, 08:00 PM

I bought my ADC using the new online store. you are not quoted your discount price until you make the purchase. I ordered a 15" 1.25 with combodrive, 2x256, 5400rpm 80GB, back-lit keyboard... all for CAN $2800 and some change - total price with taxes and shipping is about CAN $3300 and change
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

stotan
Oct 18, 2003, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by hadocon:
I bought my ADC using the new online store. you are not quoted your discount price until you make the purchase. I ordered a 15" 1.25 with combodrive, 2x256, 5400rpm 80GB, back-lit keyboard... all for CAN $2800 and some change - total price with taxes and shipping is about CAN $3300 and change
Really? Did you buy from the Premire store or the select store?
I go all the way to checkout where it asks for my visa, and it still says 15" 1.25 stock is 3600. I don't want to actually pay with my visa and find out there is no discount. Should it not give you the discount when it shows how much it is going to charge your VISA?

hadocon
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2003, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by stotan:
Really? Did you buy from the Premire store or the select store?
I go all the way to checkout where it asks for my visa, and it still says 15" 1.25 stock is 3600. I don't want to actually pay with my visa and find out there is no discount. Should it not give you the discount when it shows how much it is going to charge your VISA?
I thought so too. I ordered knowing that if I did not receive my discount I could just cancel it. I want through with it and I received the rebate after my credit card was verified. I bought from the select store as I am a student ADC.
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

jgcan
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2003, 12:36 AM

I thought so too. I ordered knowing that if I did not receive my discount I could just cancel it. I want through with it and I received the rebate after my credit card was verified. I bought from the select store as I am a student ADC.
Well, I went through as you said but it still showed the full price without discount (even after credit card verif.) until my order status changed to "open", then I could see the discounted price. PB 17" stock, AE without modem, Keynote = Total 4379$CAN tax and shipping included. Estimated shipping is on or before Oct. 23 (ordered today Oct 19).

EvanV
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2003, 01:46 AM

Originally posted by jgcan:
Well, I went through as you said but it still showed the full price without discount (even after credit card verif.) until my order status changed to "open", then I could see the discounted price. PB 17" stock, AE without modem, Keynote = Total 4379$CAN tax and shipping included. Estimated shipping is on or before Oct. 23 (ordered today Oct 19).
Damn.... That's a great deal. I got a AL 15'', 40 GB iPod, i450 Canon Printer, Printer Cable and .Mac for 4619.19 w/ educational discount. Around 4200 after rebate....

When I go to Uni, I'm going to register for ADC and get a lot of stuff w/ that 20% off Should be next year or two.

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2003, 02:14 AM

so i am in the same boat as you guys...

I am wanting to buy another Mac for my household, and contemplating the student ADC membership....

so what exactly are the discounts for the PBs? is it 20% off across the entire line..?

I have a screen shot of the US prices for ADC members....but have yet to see the CDN prices..

can you fill in a fellow CDN on the ADC member price points?

TIA..

lates...

hadocon
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2003, 02:19 AM

[QUOTE]EvanV
...Estimated shipping is on or before Oct. 23 (ordered today Oct 19). /QUOTE]

You sure are lucky. I ordered my 15" on the 16th and was given an OOB date of 10/30 of this year. I'll keep everyone posted with my tracking info.

EvanV
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2003, 02:22 AM

You sure are lucky. I ordered my 15" on the 16th and was goven an OOB date of 10/30. I hear some get shipped out early, so keep me posted.
Same boat.... Same ship date as well.

It's just b/c so many people are ordering the 15 as opposed to the 17 I believe.

Saleo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 19, 2003, 03:35 AM

Hadocon
You sure are lucky. I ordered my 15" on the 16th and was given an OOB date of 10/30 of this year. I'll keep everyone posted with my tracking info.
Must be nice, I ordered my 15" 1.25 on the 10TH and my ship date isn't until November 4TH. I don't understand why I've seen so many people with shorter ship times then mine. It's driving me insane I want this thing so bad!
( Last edited by Saleo; Oct 19, 2003 at 03:40 AM. )

EvanV
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2003, 03:47 AM

Saleo, what kind of PowerBook? BTO? If so, what did you add? Different options take longer....

Saleo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 19, 2003, 12:47 PM

I didn't add anything. That's why I'm pretty confused. Just the regular 1.25GHZ powerbook model.

Forum Links
Forum Rules