Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > trash problems

trash problems
InitialC
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2006, 03:51 AM

Okay, here's my story. I've had my mac now for almost 2 years, and no problems whatsoever. But today, there's this stubborn file that won't delete. I head on over to versiontracker.com, download "Trash It! 3.6.1" and it works fine, the file is history. I then try to delete "Trash It" it by putting it in the trash, it won't work, so I use "Trash It" to delete itself. All is fine, but now when I try to put something in the trash it says "The item "blahblahblah" will be deleted immediately. Are you sure you want to continue?" Of course it takes about a minute or so to get to this point while I can hear the computer making sounds, like it's working hard. So I download the program "Trash It" again and try to delete something and it works fine. It seems to have taken over my regular trash. All I want is trash back. What can I do? Please help a fellow mac user out. Thanks in advance.

kick52
Baninated
May 27, 2006, 03:40 PM

go into finder prefs and tell it to warn you before you delete stuff, and perhaps download onyx and get it to force empty the trash?

InitialC  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2006, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the reply kick, but my problem changed a little after my post. I ended up not being able to put anything in the trash. But for future reference, if anyone has problems with their trash, check this out: http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/trash.ht...or-Empty-49575 There are other good fix-it's here too, so check it out. Thanks again kick.

Forum Links
Forum Rules