Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Shipping times on MBP now 7-10 days

Shipping times on MBP now 7-10 days (Page 2)
Chazzer3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2007, 11:34 AM

What I've noticed is that you could just buy it from many resellers. For example, Amazon.co.uk has 3 in stock, which will be delivered by Sat August 11th.

Interesting.

Maybe I'll buy it from a reseller when I can. Are there any huge disadvantages of buying it from someone other than Apple? Except that I cannot use my education discount, but if that means I get it when I need it, then it might be a better option...?

Charlie -

mfbernstein
Senior User
Aug 9, 2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chazzer3 View Post
Maybe I'll buy it from a reseller when I can. Are there any huge disadvantages of buying it from someone other than Apple? Except that I cannot use my education discount, but if that means I get it when I need it, then it might be a better option...?
No disadvantages. Amazon frequently offers rebates too, so the price difference may not be much.

vtboyarc
Forum Regular
Aug 9, 2007, 01:55 PM

I'm thinking of getting a mbp for college, I leave for campus in 9 days. should I have it sent there, or can I even do that? I have a box number at college

malone  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2007, 11:52 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't think Apple ships to P.O. boxes.

In other news, my MBP arrived! Ordered July 26, arrived August 10, . Two weeks, one day.

The only sad thing is, I'm not home. I'm out of town for another week, but my family has set it aside in a special place for me. Ah, it's killing me to be separated with my new aluminum LED-lit wife.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2007, 04:47 AM

Its no better here in Japan. I ordered mine on the 9th, and they said it delivered between the 23-28th for my stock MP. Grrr... thank goodness I have a conference and a lot of drinking to do between now and then, or else I might go a bit nuts.

The worst part is I ordered all the accesseries a month ago. So I have a box of goodies sitting here that I still can't use.

Chazzer3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2007, 07:59 AM

This is very annoying in the respect that you'd think Apple would be able to gather supply from numerous sources?! Or is it just the one company producing the specific screens? It's very frustrating, and now the end is looking bleak for my MBP purchase... :-( I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I don't really want to order off of Amazon.co.uk because I'll be spending an extra £100, although it would mean I'd get it on time. Very confusing stuff, I don't know what to do!!

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2007, 01:29 AM

For give my complaining above. I just got an email saying it shipped and would arrive on or before the 15th. So for me, it looks like I'll be getting it in less than a week after ordering.

Sadly I'll be at a conference in Hiroshima City for the next three days! I want my new Mac!

Chazzer3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2007, 07:59 AM

Wait? When did you order it? Lucky you!!

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2007, 09:17 AM

Wait? When did you order it? Lucky you!!
I ordered on the morning of the 9th. Shipped on the 11th. Will be here on or before the 15th. If only I was also going to be here to pick play with it.... stupid conference.

malone  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 13, 2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
I ordered on the morning of the 9th. Shipped on the 11th. Will be here on or before the 15th. If only I was also going to be here to pick play with it.... stupid conference.
I know exactly how you feel... My brand-spanking new MBP was delivered on Friday, but I'm away from home till this weekend. How frustrating is that!

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 15, 2007, 09:06 AM

Wow. It showed up on Tuesday while I was out of town. I'm enjoying it way too much right now. (Yes, my pants are on! Sickos!)

Chazzer3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2007, 08:27 AM

Well, I can't believe the problem is still there. A real shame. However, I got my MBP!! I'm so excited it's silly. It's such a wonderful machine.

I figured that I wasn't gonna wait 10 days for it to ship, so I went to the nearest Apple Store, (about and hours drive), to get one. So worth it. (Except that it came with iLife '06).

Anyway, so here's another happy MBP user...!!

Charlie -

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2007, 01:09 PM

Well, I can't believe the problem is still there. A real shame. However, I got my MBP!! I'm so excited it's silly. It's such a wonderful machine.

I figured that I wasn't gonna wait 10 days for it to ship, so I went to the nearest Apple Store, (about and hours drive), to get one. So worth it. (Except that it came with iLife '06).

Anyway, so here's another happy MBP user...!!

Charlie -
I'm jealous, I really am. I ordered mine 2 days ago, and it looks like I'm in for a looong wait. 12th-18th of September is the delivery estimate. Damn it... But hey ho. I was in the same boat as you - I need (well I say need, it was more want than anything...) it before I start back at school... in a week and a half's time. I would have bought from a reseller, but I wanted the discount and the awesome insurance deal they're doing right now. And my "local" official store is in the middle of London, which I don't live anywhere near. So, long wait it is, then

I was actually contemplating buying the previous model, which I could get almost immediately for £300 less. But, then you add the cost of insurance and the RAM upgrade and it stops making sense. Oh well, I think I made the right decision, and atleast it's something to look forward to I guess.

Congrats, anyways

Chazzer3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2007, 01:52 PM

Thanks Jondot.

I was originally praying for it to become available online in either 24hrs or 2-3 days, but when that didn't happen, I knew my only option was to go instore :-)

Manchester isn't that close to me, but whilst there I also got a bit of other shopping done, and went to see the Bourne Ultimatum, so it was all good.

I go back to school in a week, and it sounds like we really are in the same boat :-) Let us know when you get it. Is it your first Mac? It is mine, and oh my god, I love it :-)

Good luck, I hope it comes on the 12th for you!!

Charlie -

Simon
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2007, 07:13 AM

I finally got around to ordering a 2.4 GHz 15" MBP for at home. Shipping time is still 7-10 days. I'm anxious to see how long it will actually take.

MBP 15/2.4 CTO (2 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB, 160GB Serial ATA Drive@7200rpm, SuperDrive 8X, 15" Glossy Widescreen Display)
ships by: Sep 12 - Sep 17
delivered by: Sep 24 - Sep 28

That's a long wait. It better be good.

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2007, 08:06 PM

Thanks Jondot.

I was originally praying for it to become available online in either 24hrs or 2-3 days, but when that didn't happen, I knew my only option was to go instore :-)

Manchester isn't that close to me, but whilst there I also got a bit of other shopping done, and went to see the Bourne Ultimatum, so it was all good.

I go back to school in a week, and it sounds like we really are in the same boat :-) Let us know when you get it. Is it your first Mac? It is mine, and oh my god, I love it :-)

Good luck, I hope it comes on the 12th for you!!

Charlie -

Yep, it's my first .

I managed to kill the power cable for my Compaq this morning, and so now the wait is even harder because I'm using a stupidly slow Acer instead... Oh well, atleast I've got school to distract me.

ShaunB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 7, 2007, 06:53 PM

Same case for me, Ordered my MBP on Aug 28th. Been about 2 weeks and still nothing.

2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display
No Modem
No Optional S/W
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Country Kit

Recycling Fee

Ships by: Sep 7 - Sep 12
Delivers by: Sep 11 - Sep 18

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 9, 2007, 06:08 PM

Mine has actually shipped now, and Apple predict it'll be here on the 19th. Frankly I'll be surprised if it gets here by October.

giggs11
Forum Regular
Sep 9, 2007, 10:56 PM

Ordered my MBP on August 17th, it shipped on August 29th and arrived on August 31st. All in all not too bad.

Loving it so far.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Sep 10, 2007, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jondot View Post
Mine has actually shipped now, and Apple predict it'll be here on the 19th. Frankly I'll be surprised if it gets here by October.
Once it's shipped it normally arrives fairly fast - unless of course something unforeseen happens (plane grounded etc.). My last MBP came from China to my doorstep (in Europe) in just 4 days. I find that quite decent for free shipping.

ShaunB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2007, 10:01 PM

So mine finally shipped heres the info:

Sep 10, 2007 11:52 AM
Left origin
SHANGHAI CN

11:34 AM

Picked up
SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

8:31 AM
Package data transmitted to FedEx

So how long will it take to get shipped to CA? haha

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 12, 2007, 10:15 AM

I recently made the "switch" as everyone is calling it to mac. I ordered a macbook pro not because i necessarily need all that power but damnit i just want a badass computer haha. I ordered on the 5th of this month and still no sign of it being shipped. Any idea if these things ever get shipped before 7-10 days? Can't wait to get it, here's the specs:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
160GB Serial ATA Drive@7200rpm
SuperDrive 8X
15" Glossy Widescreen Display
No Modem
No Optional S/W
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Country Kit

~bash $
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2007, 01:12 PM

... and importantly, 256 MB memory on the video card! congrats. BTOs definitely take a bit longer but are fun to track on FedEx, especially if they're coming from China!

jamito
Sep 12, 2007, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by ShaunB View Post
So how long will it take to get shipped to CA? haha
Depends on what shipping method you picked. If you picked 2 days, usually its 2 days from when it hits the US (usually goes to alaska first).
ibook 14", 600 mhz, 384mb ram
mbp 15", 2.2ghz SR C2D, 2 gb ram, 128vram, 20" ACD
powermac dc 2.3ghz, 2.5 gb ram, 20" ACD
3g 30gb ipod, 5g 60gb video ipod, 2g 4gb blue ipod nano, isight

~bash $
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2007, 11:04 PM

I am currently waiting on a BTO purchased through my company. The wait is killing me because it's going to double as a home computer, at which time I have none! Thus my late nights working this week have all been in the discomfort of my office instead of the comfort of, say, anywhere I want to be!

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 13, 2007, 12:45 AM

Thks. Yea fortunatly i have a home pc right now but i was in your vote about a year ago bash, so i know the feeling.
With my luck the U.S. will decide to go to war with china this week, haha. Guess if that happened i'd have bigger problems than not gettin my macbook pro! lol.

~bash $
Forum Regular
Sep 14, 2007, 01:29 PM

So I don't know if this is indicative of availability or just that I have a very nice situation with my organization but I just got the call that my MBP arrived -- about 1.5 weeks ahead of schedule. Looking forward to picking it up and using it!

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2007, 03:01 PM

Yeah, I decided that my 6-year-old Quicksilver Power Mac no longer cut it, so I up and picked out a refurbed Macbook Pro at the beginning of the month. I've been pretty pumped, to say the least - not having to furiously scribble down notes in class will be amazing!

Unfortunately, Apple said "3-5 business days" when I ordered, and after 6 business days decided to push back the estimated times by a week. I got a free wireless Mighty Mouse out of it, but I just would've rathered my computer in class to be honest, because I'm hurtin without one! I just checked and the status is now "Prepared for Shipment" whatever that means, so I can only hope....

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2007, 03:08 PM

ARGH, I just came to terms with the fact that my MBP will be here pretty late and Apple go and give away free Nanos with educational purposes. Do I get this offer? No...

Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Once it's shipped it normally arrives fairly fast - unless of course something unforeseen happens (plane grounded etc.). My last MBP came from China to my doorstep (in Europe) in just 4 days. I find that quite decent for free shipping.
Wow, you're lucky. Mine shipped a week yesterday and still nothing.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Sep 14, 2007, 04:24 PM

Wow, you're lucky. Mine shipped a week yesterday and still nothing.
My luck's run out this time. My new 2.4 GHz MBP has been "prepared for shipment" for 48h now and it still hasn't actually shipped. No tracking number, no nothing. Dammit, they haven't even charged my Visa yet.

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2007, 04:59 PM

That's exactly what mine did. I did eventually get a link to the tracking page, but it's totally useless. Just tells me that the delivery may or may not be 2 days later than the max. one they stated when I ordered it.

Incidentally, might yours still ship on time so to speak, or has it already exceeded their estimated shipping date?

Simon
Posting Junkie
Sep 14, 2007, 05:13 PM

Incidentally, might yours still ship on time so to speak, or has it already exceeded their estimated shipping date?
Monday is the last possible shipping date.

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2007, 06:53 PM

Monday is the last possible shipping date.
Don't be so sure

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2007, 08:33 PM

Mine shipped this evening. I imagine since it is a refurb, the situation is a little different however...?

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Sep 15, 2007, 01:56 AM

Don't be so sure
Hehe. It shipped this night.

Now I'm anxious to see if it will actually take a full two weeks to get here like Apple claims. I seriously doubt it.

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2007, 10:39 AM

Lucky

Which country do you live in, btw? I'm in the South of the UK, which might have some bearing on it.

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2007, 08:36 AM

Just shipped today!

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2007, 12:48 PM

10 days later and it's still in shipment...

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2007, 02:14 PM

Ouch! I hate hearing that. My ship info says: ship date is sep 17 and delivers by sep 20. Is this even possible? i live in the u.s. Louisiana to be exact. I ordered the mbp that i upgraded the harddrive in.

~bash $
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dwood30 View Post
Ouch! I hate hearing that. My ship info says: ship date is sep 17 and delivers by sep 20. Is this even possible? i live in the u.s. Louisiana to be exact. I ordered the mbp that i upgraded the harddrive in.
The hard drive was the only thing I upgraded and it took one calendar week from order to arrival.

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2007, 02:29 PM

I guess i can live with that, dont really have a choice but its not that bad. So bash Congrats on getting your MBP! How you liking it so far?

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2007, 02:48 PM

You and me both

But yeah, that sounds a little dubious to me. Which page are you getting the deliver date info from? Is it from Apple's order status page or the one apple link to located at applestore.bridgepoint.com? Applestore predicted it'd arrive on the 18th at the latest, whereas bridgepoint (who I can assume are linked in some way to the shipment) are saying the 20th.

Having said that, I don't know anything about the routes the ships are travelling (maybe mine stops off in other parts of Europe too), so it might well be possible that it is that fast.

As for the upgraded hard drive, it shouldn't make any difference. All of them are being (essentially) built to order right now, so a standard one would be just as fast... or slow

Anyways, good luck on the shipping speed

~bash $
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2007, 03:29 PM

I guess i can live with that, dont really have a choice but its not that bad. So bash Congrats on getting your MBP! How you liking it so far?
Oh, it's great and all. Fast, modern, UNIX-y goodness. Sadly making my Mac Pro (2.0, 1 GB RAM and strugglin') feel kind of old at the ripe old age of One.

Only thing about the MBP is that apparently there's a daughterboard/daughtercard on the lhs that controls several things such as the power supply, LED backlighting power, expresscard and left USB port that's acting up. My local shop is ordering me a new board as we speak. Brand spankin' new and flawed board.

I noticed there was an issue due to the fact that a USB bus-powered external hard drive (WD passport 160 GB) would not power up to save its life on the left port but mounted right away on the right USB port. A little USB flash key works fine on the left. I suspect low power/self-powered devices such as keyboards and mice also work on the left port, but according to Apple, both ports are the same spec and should operate identically.

Anyway, the shop (not Apple) said that my LED backlighting issue (nasty light band across the bottom of the screen) might also be a defect and is definitely not normal, though I've seen it often enough on LCDs that I feel like I probably have to live with it. Here's to hoping the new board fixes the USB problem, adds 2 GBs of RAM to my Mac Pro, makes waffles, oh, and somehow magically fixes this annoying screen thing.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Sep 17, 2007, 03:33 PM

According to Apple's tracking page my MBP shipped on Sep 14, but my Visa still hasn't been charged. And Apple claims delivery will be on the 28th.

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2007, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by ~bash $ View Post
Oh, it's great and all. Fast, modern, UNIX-y goodness. Sadly making my Mac Pro (2.0, 1 GB RAM and strugglin') feel kind of old at the ripe old age of One.

Only thing about the MBP is that apparently there's a daughterboard/daughtercard on the lhs that controls several things such as the power supply, LED backlighting power, expresscard and left USB port that's acting up. My local shop is ordering me a new board as we speak. Brand spankin' new and flawed board.

I noticed there was an issue due to the fact that a USB bus-powered external hard drive (WD passport 160 GB) would not power up to save its life on the left port but mounted right away on the right USB port. A little USB flash key works fine on the left. I suspect low power/self-powered devices such as keyboards and mice also work on the left port, but according to Apple, both ports are the same spec and should operate identically.

Anyway, the shop (not Apple) said that my LED backlighting issue (nasty light band across the bottom of the screen) might also be a defect and is definitely not normal, though I've seen it often enough on LCDs that I feel like I probably have to live with it. Here's to hoping the new board fixes the USB problem, adds 2 GBs of RAM to my Mac Pro, makes waffles, oh, and somehow magically fixes this annoying screen thing.
I'm glad you can still speak positively of it despite the couple of issues Hope you get it all sorted soon!

...but my Visa still hasn't been charged...
You won't be complaining if that's still true once your MBP is firmly in your hands

But seriously, that sucks. They've just reduced the estimated delivery date on my order. Anyone feel like betting it'll still be late? After all, if I'm going to be waiting in misery I may as well make some money out of it

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2007, 03:53 PM

My shipping info i received was from the apple store shipping notification that i received by email once my order shipped out. My fedex tracking info only states a ship date but no eta. Thats good to hear, but i hope i dont have an issue with that because i do use a western dig my book hd but it has self power. Either way i still wanna try that usb thing out to make sure its working properly.

~bash $
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2007, 04:53 PM

I'm glad you can still speak positively of it despite the couple of issues Hope you get it all sorted soon!
Thanks, my local Apple Authorized Service center is pretty amazing, I must say. They got me a new MacBook logic board in one day, installed it same day, and zero downtime. It was my third logic board. The other replacement was from an Apple retail store that was as bad as the original (different problem though). Ah, Apple QC these days -- in my experience, going south.

My shipping info i received was from the apple store shipping notification that i received by email once my order shipped out. My fedex tracking info only states a ship date but no eta. Thats good to hear, but i hope i dont have an issue with that because i do use a western dig my book hd but it has self power. Either way i still wanna try that usb thing out to make sure its working properly.
It seems like a pretty wide issue, there are a few active discussions about it over at the Apple support forums.

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2007, 10:12 AM

This is mbp status:

Sep 18, 2007 10:16 AM
Left origin
SHANGHAI CN
10:09 AM

Picked up

SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff
Sep 17, 2007 1:35 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2007, 12:23 PM

Guess what's here

It actually arrived a day earlier than they estimated. How nice. Having said that, the estimate was actually a day later than their original quote, so really it's only just on time

I'm enjoying it so far. Just installing a few product updates and trying to work out if they've shipped a demo of iLife 08 or the actual thing. There are no loops for Garageband included, for example, so I'm having to download them all from the 'net.

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2007, 12:44 PM

Guess what's here

It actually arrived a day earlier than they estimated. How nice. Having said that, the estimate was actually a day later than their original quote, so really it's only just on time

I'm enjoying it so far. Just installing a few product updates and trying to work out if they've shipped a demo of iLife 08 or the actual thing. There are no loops for Garageband included, for example, so I'm having to download them all from the 'net.
Ahh, im so jealous. I want me MBP!! Are you getting leopard when it comes out?

Forum Links
Forum Rules