Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Wii + Madden 08 = Any good?

Wii + Madden 08 = Any good?
Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008, 03:41 PM

Greetings All - I am almost convinced to buy a Wii but I have not played Madden on it and would definitely buy the Wii if i knew Madden played well on it. Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not a hard core gamer but enjoy guitar hero and madden and i am swinging towards the Wii because you can have fun with a group of people playing it (sports games and Wii Play set).

Thanks!
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

Proudest Monkey  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 9, 2008, 12:29 PM

maybe i should be more specific ...

do you have to use the "motions" or can you buy the other controller and just use that?

i'd rather just use the other controller, but if being active and using motions is fun i'd try that out - i guess i'd like the option and the opinion of someone who has it and has played it.

i played madden alot in college on a ps2 but i don't want to buy an old system (ps2) and i don't want to buy a ps3 bc i am sure i'll buy a blu-ray dvd player eventually. also, as i said, the wii seems more fun for a group of people - we do a lot of hosting and enjoy having people over.

Alex601
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2008, 08:28 PM

I Think you have to do the motions but im not sure why dont you look up videos of it on youtube or search for it on google.

Proudest Monkey  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2008, 11:10 AM

i was looking for a real person's response as opposed to a video or someones blog.

Weezer
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2008, 12:37 PM

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

Bearsfan34
Mar 12, 2008, 01:14 PM

I have Madden '08 for the Wii...and love it. Playing online works great, and the motions you do work quite well...you can even stay seated to play & not stand if you don't wish to.

It's taken some getting used to (was a BIG Madden player on every console up to the original XBox), as the controls/button placements are obviously different, but...it's a great game and I enjoy playing it.

The only thing that bugs me is that you can't sort stat categories. I'm a simulation-dork, and I like real-life stats...and I can't sort the categories, which stinks. But otherwise, the game is actually more fun to play on the Wii with all the physical involvement required in order to play.
-Core i5 MacBook Pro, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM; iBook G4 1.2GHz, 1.25GB RAM
-5G white iPod 30GB; original U2 iPod 20GB mono; now on 32GB Black iPhone 4
-...oh, and a PC too.

Proudest Monkey  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008, 06:50 PM

thanks Bearsfan34 - sorry the Vikings just signed Berrian and left your team with nothing - but i appreciate the real person review of the game.

Bearsfan34
Mar 14, 2008, 12:25 AM

Oh, the Bears had nothing way before Berrian went up north, Proudest Monkey...sadly, the team is gutted right now, and it *seems* like it's going to take another few years before the team can be rebuilt in the draft.

Oh well--at least I can play the Bears in Madden and still win a few games with the '07 roster!
-Core i5 MacBook Pro, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM; iBook G4 1.2GHz, 1.25GB RAM
-5G white iPod 30GB; original U2 iPod 20GB mono; now on 32GB Black iPhone 4
-...oh, and a PC too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules