Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > quality of burning movies?

quality of burning movies?
pbure0110
Banned
Mar 8, 2010, 05:38 PM

well im having problems, well see i have lots of home movies that i took from tape, hdd video cam or even movies pulled from online all in avi format & i have toast 9. well when i go 2 burn the avi(s) to dvd on toast well the quality of the videos(all of them) become lower quality i mean really bad like if i watch it on my 50in samsung hd tv in my ps3 with the hdmi cable u can see the video marks and faces are blurry, and the quality be for burning it was pure normal crystal clear dvd quality. also most of times the video audio is out of sync with the movies after i burn them also. but all theses problems are really starting to piss me off is there any way to make the quality stay the same when i burn them? and any way to fix the audio prob? i don't care if you people on this site recommend me another program also!! i jus want this fixed once and for all!!! thanks in advance

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Mar 8, 2010, 05:49 PM

Both Cucusoft and Aiseesoft make overpriced and confusing crap programs for conversion that are frequently advertised by spammer teams posing as question-answer duos.

Disregard their mention, as spammed software is by definition not legitimate.

pbure0110  (op)
Banned
Mar 8, 2010, 05:58 PM

i dont get what you are saying

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Mar 8, 2010, 06:22 PM

Just a precaution - don't worry about it.

pbure0110  (op)
Banned
Mar 8, 2010, 06:33 PM

will you be able to help me with my question please?

mduell
Posting Junkie
Mar 8, 2010, 07:35 PM

Do they have to be burned to disk? Most software for converting to DVD Video is poor, even Apple's own iMovie/iDVD combo.

Use HandBrake (free) to convert them to a standardized format the PS3 can play and then serve them to the PS3 over the network.

mrlopez140
Especially Stupid
Q&A Spammer
Mar 9, 2010, 02:13 AM

Im tired of limewire because it has low quality movies and its full of viruses. I need a free program that lets me download good movies.

colopure cleanse

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2010, 02:27 AM

Ah. More spam. Now **** off, the both of you.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 9, 2010, 03:35 AM

Ah yes, I can see how colon cleanser is the answer to our video conversion problems.

flmiller
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2010, 04:52 PM

You do realize, I hope, that DVD's are Standard Definition creatures and as such are limited to 640x480, or thereabouts, pixel dimensions. All of your glorious 50" HD pixels are trying to display a 1/3 megapixel picture, and that won't look very good. That said, Toast CAN make a 20min Blu-Ray video on a standard DVD that MIGHT work in a Blu-Ray player (some Blu-Ray players don't like burned DVD's). HTH.

Frank

Forum Links
Forum Rules