Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > constant system hang

constant system hang
alai
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2000, 09:45 PM

ive just upgraded from a b/w g3 350 to a pismo 500....
i have installed all the same stuff(ext, c panels, apps) in the pismo but ny system is awfully unstable.
i had no probs with my g3.... they both basically have the same system folder, the pismo having xtra specific system stuff for laptops.... its driving me buts... i cannot think of anything that may be causing a extension conflict....
non of my xtra extensions r major and r mostly small time like icontrol and a stuffit....
any suggestions on the best way of handling this.... if someone can help, ill gladly mail them a list of my extensions and c panels to c if they can ehlp determine the prob....

reader50
Administrator
Oct 21, 2000, 10:29 PM

One or more of your application installers may have installed older versions of some extensions or control panels. System extensions and control panels usually get updated every time Apple ships a new model, and the Pizmo is a UMA mac while your Yosemite is not.

Assuming you are running OS 9.x:
Open up your prefs folder and throw out the "Updateable Items" file if it is present. Then run the Software Update CP, this will make sure all of your system components are the most recent versions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules