Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Applecare drama - spots, feet, drive!

Applecare drama - spots, feet, drive!
KidKit
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2005, 07:30 PM

whine post, ignore at will.

a couple of months ago, my Rev B 12" developed a case of the dreaded white spots smack in the middle of screen. I lived with it for a couple of months. a couple of weeks back, I finally brought the little guy into the Apple Store - No hassle there, the apple genius guy took a look at it, typed up the applecare (thank goodness for that) invoice, and sent it off.

5 days later, it was back in my hands as promised. But then I discovered that it had lost a couple of rubber feet en route! So, its the applecare phonecall and waiting on the line again.... they sent me a pack of rubber feet replacement which thankfully arrived in 2 days. that was last week.

wait, the drama continues. Now my combo-drive has stopped working ... so its back to applecare.... geez! when the bad stuff comes, it comes in a series!
mavafyipdq

Sourbook
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2005, 09:57 PM

That's what AppleCare is for. AppleCare is good.

KidKit  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 16, 2005, 08:45 PM

update ... my PB finally came back yesterday, after 2 1/2 weeks!

They apparently found other problems with it and had to replace a whole bunch of stuff, including the screen again! What was nice is that they also replaced my bottom case, which had gotten a little banged up.

Suffering from technology withdrawal was not fun, but I can't complain since I didn't pay a single dime for it. Kudos to applecare on that.

PS. DP, if you frequent this forum, thanks for being patient when I kept calling you to check on the status of my repair!
mavafyipdq

sknapp351
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2005, 07:43 AM

What kind of adhesive did you use to put the feet back on? I had one of mine come off, and luckily found it.
SAm

KidKit  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 17, 2005, 02:00 PM

The feet replacement kit came with a tube of Elmer's Krazy Glue, looks like generic superglue.
mavafyipdq

Forum Links
Forum Rules