Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > ATI Control Panel for Macbook?

ATI Control Panel for Macbook?
Enigmatik
May 15, 2006, 03:10 PM

Is there any kind of Ati control panel so that I can control the Brightness and Contrast and any other settings a bit more advanced then the simple brightness controls on the keyboard? Something like you would get on Windows?

Neo.cmg
Mac Enthusiast
May 15, 2006, 05:18 PM

Stuppy,

You might try modifying the Color Sync Profile for your display. You will find settings to do so within the ColorSync Preference Panel in System Preferences I believe. Hope that is of some help.

Enigmatik  (op)
May 15, 2006, 06:20 PM

I have messed around with the coloursync profiles and they dont seem to be of any use to me.

KidKit
Forum Regular
May 17, 2006, 04:01 AM

Other than color sync, try calibrating your display color by launching the display calibrator from system prefs > displays > color > calibrate...

The display calibrator does a much better job if you take the time to calibrate it in expert mode. This includes calibrating in ambient light settings corresponding to your normal working environment. If you've recently switched from PCs (or work on images intended for PC or TV display), you might be more used to the 2.2 TV gamma instead of the 1.8 that Macs usually use.
mavafyipdq

Forum Links
Forum Rules