Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Seeking help with SLOOOW Internet Access

Seeking help with SLOOOW Internet Access
USNA91
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 7, 2007, 10:29 PM

I am running OSX on a PowerBook G4. I use Firefox for a browser. All latest revs. Plenty of RAM (2GB).

Lately, my browser has been loading pages VERY slowly. Is there anything I should do to clean up Firefox, or to check if I may have gotten one of the rare Apple worms or something?

Thanks.

Love the new site format, BTW.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Feb 8, 2007, 01:00 AM

Rare Apple-worms? How about non-existing Apple worms? Sheesh.

First of all, why are you using Firefox? Safari is the fastest browser on Mac OS X and the most integrated. With add-ons like Saft, PithHelmet or SafariStand you have pretty much all the extensibility you need.

Also the culprit might be your internet connection. Are you capped? Have you reset your router/modem lately? Etc.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

USNA91  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 8, 2007, 07:26 AM

I'm not a computer geek by any means. I asked about worms or whatever simply because I don't know what terms may be applicable to the Mac.

I use Firefox because I prefer it to Safari. I'll look into the add-ons you mentioned, though.

It could be the wireless connection. I'm staying with family and the connection is theirs, so I don't know. They don't seem to be having any problems (even if they are on PC's).

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2007, 08:25 PM

Try BonEcho, a G4 optimized build of Firefox. Is it just firefox that is slow, or are all you web apps slow?

Forum Links
Forum Rules